duplicate ID in same domain

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

duplicate ID in same domain

Postby jeffwill218 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:48 am

I have 2 accounts under the same domain that have the same user ID but different passwords. How do I configure lastpass to store both accounts?

The URL for the each account is differentiated by the siteid parameter:
https://citiretailservices.citibankonli ... on?siteId=XXXXX
and
https://citiretailservices.citibankonli ... on?siteId=YYYYY
jeffwill218

Re: duplicate ID in same domain

Postby PaulX » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Same here. My wife and I have our own accounts w/ American Airlines. Different ID, different password, same URL.
PaulX

Postby FlyingHawk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:41 pm

You can always manually add as many sites as you like, give them the same URL, but different names, so you know which to select when using them.
FlyingHawk

Postby PaulX » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Yes, I thought of that. I created 2 sites in LP- "Mine" and "Hers". Different usernames, different passwords, same url. Works fine.
I was hoping to do this from 2 browser bookmarks, "Mine" and "Hers" that would trigger the corresponding LP site. But as far as I know there's no way to "steer" the bookmark to the LP Mine or Hers login. Other than that, I was hoping for something on the LP side would see there are 2 LP sites with the same url and asks you which one you wanted when the user clicks the bookmark.
Any other ideas for doing this other than manually going into my LP vault and picking the one I want?
PaulX

Postby PaulX » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:17 pm

PaulX Wrote:Same here. My wife and I have our own accounts w/ American Airlines. Different ID, different password, same URL.

Were you able to get LastPass to log you in to the AA site? My AA login has 3 fields on the login page- Account#, LastName, and Password. I have 2 AA accounts- 1 for me, 1 for my wife. LastPass gives me the select account menu but and I can't get it to behave right. It usually puts accountID in accountID and Lastname fields.
PaulX

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:47 pm

PaulX Wrote:
PaulX Wrote:Same here. My wife and I have our own accounts w/ American Airlines. Different ID, different password, same URL.

Were you able to get LastPass to log you in to the AA site? My AA login has 3 fields on the login page- Account#, LastName, and Password. I have 2 AA accounts- 1 for me, 1 for my wife. LastPass gives me the select account menu but and I can't get it to behave right. It usually puts accountID in accountID and Lastname fields.

Use Save All Entered Data for three field logins:

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... 5#Manually
jpenny84

Postby PaulX » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:16 am

jpenny84-
Been there, done that.
Did it for both accounts.
When I make a selection from the dropdown menu Lastpess puts the right info in the right fields but 1/2 sec later it overwrites Lastname with the account#. I haven't checked what happens when there is only 1 account. Stay tuned.
PaulX

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins