Last Pass works really poorly in Firefox 57+

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Last Pass works really poorly in Firefox 57+

Postby steveb999 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:59 pm

It lacks the ability to enter username and password on many sites. In particular americanexpress.com and paypal.com. I use these sites regularly so those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. There are many other sites as well. I just don't visit them as often. These sites seem to work fine with Last Pass in Chrome.

On the americanexpress site LP shows the log in and I can click on it but nothing is entered. On paypal I get no LP button in the login fields to click on. I can select paypal login from the main LP button on the top bar but nothing gets entered in the fields. The other non-working sites do the same thing.
steveb999

Re: Last Pass works really poorly in Firefox 57+

Postby Ozfer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 pm

2nd this 100%. Many chrome features are not on the firefox version.
Ozfer

Postby CSISP » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Couldn't agree more. I understand the 'extension' / add-on model changed to something more in line with Chrome, but LastPass on Firefox is now behind all other versions. No copy password options, autofill not working on most sites, not updated in a month. As a business user with lots of people using it, this is rather unpleasant and I hope work is being put into the Firefox add on.
CSISP

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:37 pm

CSISP Wrote:Couldn't agree more. I understand the 'extension' / add-on model changed to something more in line with Chrome, but LastPass on Firefox is now behind all other versions. No copy password options, autofill not working on most sites, not updated in a month. As a business user with lots of people using it, this is rather unpleasant and I hope work is being put into the Firefox add on.

Copy and paste functionality has been available for several weeks now. It requires that native messaging be enabled.

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=3206
jpenny84

Postby orerockon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:02 pm

I can confirm that the vast majority of autologins are broken in 55. Updating makes no difference. Get you crap together.
orerockon

Please Fix Firefox 57+ support!!

Postby mogulman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Used to love Lastpass. Firefox 57+ support is intermittent. Also, some web-stes work and some don't.

Latest thing is sometimes Lastpass doesn't recognize a site right away. The extension won't show logins for a site I know has worked in the past. I'll wait a few seconds and then it shows up, but I have to copy and paste the password.

I keep checking to see if there are any updates....Hoping for something...
No updates since the beginning of December. 2+ months and nothing...argh....

Please... fix it!! please!! I guess I can switch to another product but I don't want to.
mogulman

Postby mogulman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:40 pm

I put in a ticket a while ago. They told me to run through some steps and basically re-install. Didn't help at all. Please fix this!!!
mogulman

Postby ikon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:12 pm

And let's not forget, it's highly unlikely that LP was not aware of the upcoming architecture changes to FF. When a company embarks on a major change to one of their software products, they virtually always let everyone know it's coming and, in particular, they let companies that make plugins/add-ons/extensions for their product know well in advance, so they can start adapting their plugins to the new architecture.

So, my belief is that LP have known about FF changes for quite a while. They just haven't, for whatever reason, been able to adapt LP for FF as quickly as we all would like.
ikon

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 pm

ikon Wrote:And let's not forget, it's highly unlikely that LP was not aware of the upcoming architecture changes to FF. When a company embarks on a major change to one of their software products, they virtually always let everyone know it's coming and, in particular, they let companies that make plugins/add-ons/extensions for their product know well in advance, so they can start adapting their plugins to the new architecture.

So, my belief is that LP have known about FF changes for quite a while. They just haven't, for whatever reason, been able to adapt LP for FF as quickly as we all would like.

LastPass is a big, complicated extension. Six years ago when I started to use LastPass, the Chrome extension was junk compared to the old XUL Firefox add-on. It takes time to get this stuff right.
jpenny84

Postby ikon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:16 pm

jpenny84 Wrote:LastPass is a big, complicated extension. Six years ago when I started to use LastPass, the Chrome extension was junk compared to the old XUL Firefox add-on. It takes time to get this stuff right.

As a retired software developer, I am aware of development cycles, but I suspect LP has had 6 months or more to fix the FF extension. That should be long enough.
ikon

Next

Return to Feedback