Admin option to unlock 'Locked Out' user

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Admin option to unlock 'Locked Out' user

Postby alan612 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:09 pm

As an admin at my company, frequently we get helpdesk requests from users who have forgotten their Master passwords... they make numerous attempts and their accounts are locked out.

I have the option to reset their master password, but doing so does not unlock their account... we still end up waiting the required time period for their account to become unlocked.

Long story short: Please add an admin console option to unlock a user's account.

Thanks
alan612

Re: Admin option to unlock 'Locked Out' user

Postby Cd1337 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:04 am

+1 to this. Whilst it's annoying that people can't remember their passwords it's very annoying that this can't be reset by the admin.
Cd1337

Postby mllemixis » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Has this been added now?
mllemixis

Postby cocoa96 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:42 pm

I don't know how to post this in a new topic. I changed my master password, then logged out to check it. It would not work. Now it says I'm locked out. How long will I be locked out, and what do I do to get back into my account now? I tried every variation of my new password to see if I somehow recorded it inaccurately, but I'm almost positive the one I was putting in is correct. I even tried my old password in case the system didn't register the new one, but the reminder for the new one is there. Do I need to do an account recovery?
Please help, thanks! :cry:
cocoa96

Postby cocoa96 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:55 pm

I don't know how to post this in a new topic. I changed my master password, then logged out to check it. It would not work. Now it says I'm locked out. How long will I be locked out, and what do I do to get back into my account now? I tried every variation of my new password to see if I somehow recorded it inaccurately, but I'm almost positive the one I was putting in is correct. I even tried my old password in case the system didn't register the new one, but the reminder for the new one is there. Do I need to do an account recovery?
Please help, thanks! :cry:
cocoa96

Postby cocoa96 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Never mind my previous inquiry, the new master password mysteriously now works, after no longer being locked out, with no explanation for why it wouldn't work before!
cocoa96

Postby brenda185 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:15 am

Is there seriously no option to "unlock" an account? If so, why did I get an email from LastPass encouraging me to "Click Here" to unlock the user's account? Of course when you "Click Here" it takes you to the admin dashboard - so not helpful....

This is a terrible fail if there is no way to unlock an account and a serious Alice in Wonderland trick. Not nice.
brenda185

Return to LastPass Enterprise