Can't close LastPass Popup

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Can't close LastPass Popup

Postby manderson018 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:25 am

This seems like it should be easy...but I cannot figure out how to close the LastPass Popup. I have windows 10 and using Chrome.

When I clicked on the three dots in a Chase bank login, the standard LastPass bubble popped up. As I didn't have Chase in LastPass, there was nothing to select and I didn't want to change the password. Now, I can't get the LastPass bubble popup to close. There is not an "X" to click, pressing escape doesn't do it.

The LastPass popup is literally blocking what is on my screen as I log into the bank website. How do I get it to go away?

The only way I could get the popup to go away was to generate a new password and select fill. But I didn't want to do that, I just wanted to cancel. This seems like a bug.

(Maybe I'm missing something easy...but I'm not computer illiterate.)

Thanks....
manderson018

Re: Can't close LastPass Popup

Postby barefootjon982 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Is there a solution to this? I've only been using LastPass for a couple months now and this is super annoying. How do you get rid of the popup if you don't have anything to enter or select. The popup literally blocks me from being able to see what I need to enter.
barefootjon982

Postby goaskdad » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Still having this same problem and it's incredibly irritating. All I can do is reload the entire page and try not to trigger the popup to come back. But this is difficult, because obviously, I'm on a web form filling in fields, and I frequently use the Tab key to move to the next field. But as soon as I hit Tab on certain fields, BAM the LP popup appears, covering two other fields, and I have no way to get rid of it. I keep thinking there must be an option in preferences or something, but I'm not seeing anything.

Is there really no way to close it?

(I'm using LastPass Chrome Toolbar Version: 4.14.0.)
goaskdad

Postby Riquochet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:53 pm

I'm having the same issue.
Riquochet

Postby e562 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:24 pm

I am having the same problem. It is blocking the part of the page I want to see. VERY annoying as there is no way to close without reloading the whole page.
e562

Postby maytag28850 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:44 pm

same thing happening to me, so freaking frustrating
maytag28850

Postby strongarm » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:09 pm

I am having the same issue with chrome on my Macbook. Is somebody from LastPass gonna answer? This is a problem. It's very frustrating.

Thanks,
-d
strongarm

Postby CharlieJR » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:34 pm

I have the same problem. A fix or workaround would be appreciated.

Thanks
CharlieJR

Postby etetet » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Fix this guys! Why has it taken since 2017 to allow us to close the annoying popup? How hard is it to add an "X" to close it or make it close if you click away or escape?
etetet

Postby Smonson » Wed May 22, 2019 1:57 am

Gah, this is super irritating. I can only assume the devs have never used their own product.
Smonson

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting