Is really your LP Vault password the only pw you remember?

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Is really your LP Vault password the only pw you remember?

Postby SecretGarden » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:02 am

LastPass allows us to forget all our passwords but the one for accessing the LP Vault.

Nonetheless, are there passwords that you still want to be able to remember?

One such passwords is my Google password, but I feel it's time to change it and now I'm wondering whether I should remember it or I can safely generate one and forget it... what would you do?
SecretGarden

Re: Is really your LP Vault password the only pw you remembe

Postby jonat » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:16 pm

I still need to remember the password (and where it is) of my LastPass security email account. I need to remember the password for my work login (and indeed any system login such as the Windows password.) One or two others I remember but I don't need them often, such as my Apple account password. I can manage these - the many hundreds of different sites, including Google, I gladly leave to LastPass.
jonat

Postby chadE » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Definitely need to remember a few more passwords. Like my Debit card PIN, for some reason I don't see the option to save it. I looked all over the Debit machine screens, but I don't see it anywhere! Maybe their next version will have that feature.

Seriously though ... hmm Windows password, Google password(s) (setting up new or custom ROM'ed phones)... that actually may be it!
chadE

Postby Bleeping » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:19 pm

I don't put any of my banking logons into LP. Security has been breached twice, maybe again. I have them written down elsewhere, because they're 14-character gobbledygook.
Bleeping

Postby redsparrow » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:28 am

Unfortunately my bank only allows a numerical password for login.
But then again, any transactions are done with 2FA.
Any weak passwords I want remember or simply can't make more complex (like my banking login) or any credentials with the highest need for security I store locally via Keepass.
For everything else I use LastPass, because of the trade-off between convenience and reasonable security.
redsparrow

Postby arsado » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:35 am

While that practice may sound risky, in some cases (mostly for offline encryption) you can use sha256 of your master password as another password. Obviously if your password is shorter then 12 symbols and you use that method on online website which doesn't hash/salt passwords this could mean security risks.
arsado

Return to Off Topic