Shared folder not view able in security challenge

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Shared folder not view able in security challenge

Postby remote46 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Is this not a feature at all? - Note we are on a trail
I have saved all of the log in information for numerous sites on our main "master" account for my company.
I stored them in folders then shared them with our employees. When I went to log into the master account to check out the security challenge feature and it stated I had no sites saved. In order to check out our password strength I had to clone the credentials into a new folder that is not shared. This is very tedious if I have to do this for everything, because I just want to keep the shared folders to easily add / remove / change credentials while still being able to see how well our password strength is.
remote46

Re: Shared folder not view able in security challenge

Postby MichelleLP » Fri May 20, 2016 1:06 am

remote46 Wrote:Is this not a feature at all? - Note we are on a trail
I have saved all of the log in information for numerous sites on our main "master" account for my company.
I stored them in folders then shared them with our employees. When I went to log into the master account to check out the security challenge feature and it stated I had no sites saved. In order to check out our password strength I had to clone the credentials into a new folder that is not shared. This is very tedious if I have to do this for everything, because I just want to keep the shared folders to easily add / remove / change credentials while still being able to see how well our password strength is.

Hi there,

Yes this is expected.

The security check will only check against your personal entries, not any shared logins or shared folders (including family shared folders).

However, the Security Challenge does check sites stored in Shared Folders to see if they were impacted by the Heartbleed bug and alert you to whether your passwords need to be updated for those sites.
MichelleLP

Postby ruefulquixote271 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 pm

This makes the Security Challenge almost useless for me since most of my PWs are in the shared folder. Any chance this could be changed at some point?
ruefulquixote271

Postby paul52 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:26 am

Same thing here. Security challenge is useless for the business account!

I have moved all company passwords into shared folder, hoping that I could do a security challenge to see where vulnerabilities may lie but there is no way to check.

Lucky we are on the trial I suppose!
paul52

Postby nishiogawa » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:19 pm

I'm in the same boat. I share all my passwords with my spouse in a shared folder so the security check is basically useless. Would love to be able to utilize it though.
nishiogawa

Postby jaknudsen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am

We have an enterprise account, and we administer a lot of company web pages. It appears impossible to detect if our users reuse the same passwords on different sites.
jaknudsen

Postby bosspublic351 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:45 am

I think the reason why shared items are not included in your own security challenge is for example I can share a weak password with you and your security score will go down even if you all your own accounts are secured. Similarly if you share a strong password with me, it should not improve my security score automatically.
bosspublic351

Postby Sybrsean » Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 pm

I've read all these posts and understand that in a limited set of circumstances you wouldn't want it to do the security check on a shared folder. But those circumstances would appear to create only an annoyance, verses not including the functionality the security check should be meant for on Enterprise size clients.

We are a medium size Business Management Firm who has hundreds of clients we manage. Now think of LastPasses own promotional materials that state the average user has over 190 logons. By that estimation we have literally tens of thousands of potential logons we manage. We got LastPass to improve the security of those managed passwords both in storage and complexity. Organizationally, a subset of credentials are going to be shared with the Account Manager responsible for a subset of clients. We want these credentials handed down from a higher level of access, to a more limited access for the Account Managers.

But with regard to this feature, there's no practical way to audit the passwords for our clients. There should be. It's a great feature that's made all the more powerful the more credentials you manage. We should be able to leverage this tool against our tens of thousands of credentials. That adds value to Lasspass.
Sybrsean

Return to LastPass Enterprise