Android: No address field when using home screen link

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Android: No address field when using home screen link

Postby sonofjon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:30 am

LastPass doesn't work with sl.se on my Android phone. sl.se is the public transit provider in Stockholm, Sweden.

I have saved a link to the login page (https://sl.se/sv/mitt-sl/inloggning/#/anvandarnamn) to my home screen but when tapping the link to open it in my browser the web page shows up without any URL field at the top, and LastPass complains: "please scroll the browser window until the web site address is visible, then try again". However, it seems that the web site address doesn't show at the top no matter how much I scroll up.

At first I thought this was a result of using a home screen link to access the web site, because when simply accessing the login page from the browser without using the home screen link the address field is visible and LastPass works.

I also tried a different site, nhl.com, created a home screen link to it, and in this case opening the the web page with the home screen link results is a visible web address field in the browser.

So, in conclusion, for some reason sl.se does not provide a visible web address field when accessed from the home screen. I am not sure if this is a common problem or unique to this particular site. In either case I would be interested in finding a solution to how to log in to the site using LastPass.
sonofjon

Re: Android: No address field when using home screen link

Postby JohnJohnJohn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Mine is doing that too. I think it's some kind of new feature of Chrome. Some sites take advantage of this. It makes it run the web app in a way that's supposed to make it look like a native app. Hence, no URL. Lastpass doesn't like this. I'm assuming lastpass reads the screen, including the URL, in an attempt to help prevent phishing campaigns. It's annoying not to be able to use LastPass on my favorite sites from shortcuts. They need to find a different way of reading the URL. Maybe work with Google and get an encrypted api method of reading the URL directly on the back end. This is very frustrating.
JohnJohnJohn

Postby Phuman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:26 am

This is happening for me on kindle fire in silk browser at Wikipedia right now. I get "please scroll the browser until the website address is visible" when open the LastPass login assistant through the notification menu.
Phuman

Postby grpz79 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Same problem.
Is there any solution to it?
TNX
grpz79

Postby gacpac778 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:27 am

So that seems to be something that doesn't work on silk browser for kindle. come on u.u add that
gacpac778

Postby becerratops » Mon May 11, 2020 11:51 am

I was having the same issue with a Samsung S20 and I found that the default Samsung browser was the issue. Making chrome my default browser fixed my issue and now I can use LastPass! :D
becerratops

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins