Subfolder sharing

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Subfolder sharing

Postby bgallen513 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:37 am

I have a folder directory structure in place and want to manage sharing for individual folders. It seems like I can only manage sharing for the root folder in the directory, not the subfolders. Is this a limitation of LPE? Will have to dump LPE if this is a limitation.
bgallen513

Re: Subfolder sharing

Postby AyaLP » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Correct, currently subfolder cannot have their own permissions. They will follow the same permissions as their parent folder.

I have passed your feedback to the dev team for their review for future consideration.
AyaLP

Postby dspjonesent » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:36 pm

+10000 on this

Last Pass Enterprise needs SERIOUS permissions and shared folder feature overhaul. Both for usability and functionality. Sub folder permissions, propagation of permissions, sharing enhancements, the ability to add multiple users/groups to shared folders at once or edit more than one thing at a time to name a few. How about a freaking cutomer support PHONE NUMBER for enterprise customers as a simple start in the right direction!!!!!!!!!!

I love lastpass but if you folks expect to remain the top dog in password management - especially for paying companies you're gonna have to step your game up big time.
dspjonesent

Postby jarvis912 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:16 am

+1

This feature is key for me also.
LastPass is great for sharing passwords, but I need to have fine access rights (as for Google Drive access) to evolve.
I just send a request to have a private phone with a LastPass counsellor to bypass the subfolder issue.
jarvis912

Postby normenmoeller » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:18 am

+1
Don't understand how this was not considered from the beginning.
normenmoeller

Postby zace42 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Is this feature being addressed? Granular permissions on subfolders is very important for keeping things organized while allowing realistic constraints on access. Thank you.
zace42

Postby simon480 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm

+1
Must have feature! Didn't even consider not being able to group shared folders under a parent folder until I tried to do it.
simon480

Postby dbasham » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:12 pm

When is this going to be addressed (multi-level permissions for shared folders)? This SHOULD have been fixed years ago but right now all you seem to be focused on is tweaking your UI which has caused us to start looking at other options. We are a digital agency that often needs to share different sub-folders with different groups (think /clients/client_a/location_a) and while you CAN organize shared folders the actual permissions and sharing only work at the top parent level. Because of this issue we are looking at alternatives to LastPass even though we mostly love it (well except for the Enterprise Console and its relationship to the Password Manager/Vault which is HORRIBLE UI) and we would not be looking around if you would just fix this.

So far the only one that we know of that has gotten this right is Zoho Vault with their Chambers that can be up to 2 levels deep (plenty for us - we can make it work) and those sub Chambers can have discrete sharing/permissions by team/group. The Engineers at Keeper Enterprise and LogMeOnce are also working on this based on our feedback (glad they are listening to us) but this probably won't be done until Sept 2017 at the earliest. Hey at least Zoho listened to our request back in Feb 2017 on this for Chambers (they still need to adjust some UI to the mutli-levels although they NOW are working on that). One would think that the industry leader LastPass would finally do what is right and correct this after multiple customers have requested this.

Are you listening LastPass? What are you plans for a fix? I can almost hear a pin drop (this request has been out there for at least a couple of years if not more). Please fix this! +1
dbasham

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:37 pm

dbasham Wrote:When is this going to be addressed (multi-level permissions for shared folders)? This SHOULD have been fixed years ago but right now all you seem to be focused on is tweaking your UI which has caused us to start looking at other options.

Subfolder permissions is currently not a feature, so there is nothing to fix. As the LastPass representative with the red username stated above, it has been placed into the feature request list.
jpenny84

Postby dbasham » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:37 pm

The LastPass "official' reply that they will "add this to their feature request list" is why we are switching. This should have been in your product years ago.
dbasham

Next

Return to LastPass Enterprise