Lastpass saving comment boxes on Blogsmith based sites

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Lastpass saving comment boxes on Blogsmith based sites

Postby master811 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:06 am

Basically on blogs which use the really horrible comment system due to using the Blogsmith system, Lastpass remembers not only the user and password, but also the actual comment as well (as an extra form field). Take for example ps3fanboy.com or engadget.com, if you comment there, it will remember the same comment even on a different post, and if you attempt to change it (Lastpasss changes it back automatically to whatever was remembered in the first place).

Lastpass shouldn't be auto correcting and this would at least partially solve the problem or at least there should be a method to turn it off.
master811

Re: Lastpass saving comment boxes on Blogsmith based sites

Postby Gerry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:53 pm

Oh I like the idea of it saving comments, that would be great for when a form submission stuffs up. That's a bug I would want!!! :D :D

Although, if it doesn't update itself as you say and overwrites what you input... well yeah that would suck.
Gerry

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:43 am

master811 Wrote:Basically on blogs which use the really horrible comment system due to using the Blogsmith system, Lastpass remembers not only the user and password, but also the actual comment as well (as an extra form field). Take for example ps3fanboy.com or engadget.com, if you comment there, it will remember the same comment even on a different post, and if you attempt to change it (Lastpasss changes it back automatically to whatever was remembered in the first place).

Lastpass shouldn't be auto correcting and this would at least partially solve the problem or at least there should be a method to turn it off.

I'm thinking we should stop saving/filling textarea's, which would resolve this. Hopefully no one uses a textarea to login.
JoeSiegrist

Postby Gerry » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:56 pm

JoeSiegrist Wrote:I'm thinking we should stop saving/filling textarea's, which would resolve this.
Oh :( heh
JoeSiegrist Wrote:Hopefully no one uses a textarea to login.
Would not surprise me. There are more stupid/ingenious/creative/unique logins systems being created every day.
Gerry

Postby master811 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:27 am

There appears to be a new problem with these sites now. If you have saved details for Blogsmith sites, the Lastpass keeps highlighting the add comment button at the bottom of the page (so it scrolls down to the bottom of the page everytime a page with the comment box is on there) and is becoming very annoying.
master811

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:52 am

master811 Wrote:There appears to be a new problem with these sites now. If you have saved details for Blogsmith sites, the Lastpass keeps highlighting the add comment button at the bottom of the page (so it scrolls down to the bottom of the page everytime a page with the comment box is on there) and is becoming very annoying.

Can you see if https://lastpass.com/lppre.xpi fixes it for you if you use Firefox? I couldn't reproduce this in IE.

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby master811 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 am

yes that appears to have fixed it.

Thanks
master811

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins