Default Folder for Passwords

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Default Folder for Passwords

Postby blogitech312 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:53 pm

I really, really, REALLY want to be able to set a default folder for passwords, it really can't be that hard to do, can someone please tell me how to do this or contact the developer and ask him to implement this. It's really a simple thing to do and it would make a world of difference to me. Please and thank you!
blogitech312

Re: Default Folder for Passwords

Postby NaveedLP » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:48 am

You can select (none) from the drop down menu at the time of saving the site.
NaveedLP

Postby blogitech312 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:56 am

Not what I want, I want it to default to a folder of my choice and never offer me folders like "Email"....
blogitech312

Postby rej » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=143245#p476065
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=149875&p=499905&hilit=suggested+folders#p499905

To paraphrase Henry Ford, you can have any default folder you want, as long as it’s named (none). :lol: Seriously, though, I think your plaint is similar to the above links which I provide for background info. As this forum is primarily a user/user forum, a more effective course of action may be to repost in the Feedback forum at viewforum.php?f=1. (Can’t hurt. I can’t see that anyone else ever brought up this matter there.)

I’m not sure what your desire is, but it seems that you want all sites in a default folder of your choice. To that end, you may temporarily (until LP provides a disable switch as a result of your post :roll: ) derive a modicum satisfaction in naming a folder “1. Foldername” and using that as your primary folder. Since Folders are sorted numalpha, this will assure that it appears at the top of the vault list (after Favorites, Recently Used, & (none), if populated).
rej

Postby blogitech312 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:26 pm

It's actually for sharing accounts. I bought the pro account, shared it with three family members but we all use the same accounts between each other, always, period. The problem is with the current default it all goes into a folder called none, not the folder called shared. So if someone forgets to select the folder "Shared" it goes into never never land where only one person can access it and no one understand why the other can't see it till I take a look at it.

I am not trying to bypass anything, I paid for the premium, I want to be able to use the premium to the best of my ability. A default folder would allow me to do so. I appreciate the answer though, I will post in the feedback forum as it can't be that much work to code in. Hell, I think I might just make a userscript or firefox addon to do it for me, however I would rather LP do it themselves. Thanks again!
blogitech312

Postby rej » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:32 pm

The change that created this undesired behavior is described in the Aug 7 2014 Release Notes at https://lastpass.com/upgrade.php?older=1&releasenotes=1. You might mention in your Feedback post.
rej

Postby blogitech312 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:35 pm

I would mention it if I saw the relevance. I assume it is the "New: Auto-suggest folder name for newly saved popular sites." you are speaking about. My question is, how would mentioning a feature they added in months ago help them decide to add in a feature. Not saying it's not a good idea, just saying I don't understand why. Maybe I am looking at the wrong one.
blogitech312

Postby rej » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Mea culpa! Got you confused with one of the other posters in links I proviced.. That "auto suggest link certainly does not concern you. Sorry.
rej

Postby scottm969 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:38 pm

I am an Enterprise customer and also want our employees to be able to set a Default folder. The problem is actually due to privacy concerns.

As an Enterprise customer we have enterprise accounts for each of our employees. We have also instructed our employees to create a personal LastPass accounts and link it to their enterprise account. We want them to make secure passwords a daily practice in their professional and personal lives.

The problem is that when you are logged into your work account with your personal account linked, ANY new sites or Generated Passwords (which do not prompt for a folder) get saved into the default folder of the Enterprise Account. If this is a personal login site, then you have to move this item out of the Professional account default Folder into the preferred personal account folder, and this is where the privacy concern starts.

This issue with privacy concerns are if you are like us, in the Enterprise Corporate setup you can setup superuser accounts with the ability to view deleted items of the corporate users and also the ability to take over a separated corporate employee's account. Using this account,you also have the ability to recover deleted items and here is where the privacy concerns are.

When you move a site from the corporate account to a linked personal account the item being moved becomes a deleted item in the corporate account a recoverable by the superuser on that corporate account.

Their needs to be a way to prevent this from occurring by setting a default folder of the user's choosing.
scottm969

Postby Nickel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Does anybody know if there a fix for this yet? I also have linked corporate and personal lastpass accounts, and I basically can't use my work account for this reason. Seems like a major problem to me.
Nickel

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting