SubDomain URL rules

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

SubDomain URL rules

Postby tb582 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:34 am

2015-02-18 10:18
You LastPass really needs to implment support for URL rules for subdomains ie using LDAP I sign in to alot of sites with the same creds. Would be a great feature to say abc.com, xyz.com abc.asf.com, all use the same login

2015-02-18 16:57
Sean Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, we have a feature request in for this option and it is currently with the development team for review. If you know of other Lastpass users that would like to see this functionality added, please have them contact us so that we can more effectively gauge customer interest in this feature.

Regards,
Sean
tb582

Re: SubDomain URL rules

Postby me265 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:38 am

Hi, Sean.

I am one such user that emphatically wants that feature. I use a number of Web apps that rely on subdomains, but LastPass tries to fill in my credentials from the main domain, which are (I think wisely) not the same. Not only does LastPass fill them in, but because autologin is set, it hits return. Sometimes it gets me locked out of my accounts for a few hours because it's tried to log me in with the wrong credentials faster than I could manually replace them with correct credentials.

Regards,

P. Burke
me265

Postby sylvainvh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:56 am

Hi,

I'm a developper and we have a lot of subdomain.
Each subdomain is a specific "virtual machine" for a specific client.
Currently, I really needs a specific rule for each subdomain.

Thank for your work.

Regards,
Sylvain
sylvainvh

Postby optikflux924 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:50 pm

This would be a great feature to have.

Makershed credentials are currently problematic as the storefront that they use is part of myshopify.com - so when saving the credentials after registering, it saves it to 'makershed.myshopify.com'; but you login to www.makershed.com. myshopify.com and makershed.com are NOT equivalent domains (I don't want xyz.myshopify.com to display my makershed.myshopify.com credentials), but the subdomain of myshopify.com IS. If I change the url of the credential to www.makershed.com so that it gets recognized for makershed's login page, then I get a HUGE warning about if I'm "ok with the data being sent to makershed.myshopify.com".

TL;DR -
makershed.myshopify.com and makershed.com SHOULD display the same credential options. xyz.myshopify.com and makershed.myshopify.com SHOULD NOT.

(Btw, if you need an example of 'xyz.myshopify.com', you can use 'dannyduncan.myshopify.com')
optikflux924

Postby preston » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:50 pm

tb582 Wrote:2015-02-18 10:18
You LastPass really needs to implment support for URL rules for subdomains ie using LDAP I sign in to alot of sites with the same creds. Would be a great feature to say abc.com, xyz.com abc.asf.com, all use the same login

2015-02-18 16:57
Sean Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, we have a feature request in for this option and it is currently with the development team for review. If you know of other Lastpass users that would like to see this functionality added, please have them contact us so that we can more effectively gauge customer interest in this feature.

Regards,
Sean

Emphatic upvote on this feature. I have three main passwords, two are Active Directory and one is specific to SAP (but other sites authenticate with it as well). Fictionalized examples:

docs.company.com - AD 1 (DOMAIN\username)
    monitoring.subdomain.company.com - AD 1 (*just* the username with AD 1's password)
    http://www.companyalternatedomain.com - AD 1 (username@domain.com with AD 1's password)
    intranet.company.com - SAP credentials
    id.company.com - SAP credentials
    cmdb.subdomain.my-co.com - AD 2 (DOMAIN\username)
    sitemonitor.my-other-co.com - AD 2 (*just* the username with AD 1's password)

There is no way to tell from the domain or the rest of the URL which of the three sets of credentials are needed, and as you see the username can be variable too (with or without the DOMAIN\ prefix, or even the user's email address).

I'd love to see a single site entry for each of the sets of credentials, but with the ability to enter multiple URLs. Or perhaps easier, one record for each site, but with the ability to link to information in another record instead of including it in each individual record. For instance, I could set up an AD 1 "master" record for that particular set of credentials, and then in each site's record instead of storing the password I could link it to the password in the AD 1 record. And I could choose to link the username field as well, or enter it manually to support sites with different username formats.

However it's implemented, I'd want to only have to update one LastPass record whenever I change my single sign-on passwords... and my security challenge score should not be negatively impacted by having multiple sites using the same password (since it's truly a unique password for a single authentication source).
preston

Postby alocknkey » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Upvote to this feature as well, for the same reasons listed above.
alocknkey

Postby larcos31 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:43 am

I vote for this too.
larcos31

Postby swiZzZz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:15 am

I would love to see that too! Also my use case!
swiZzZz

Postby dauthimaster » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:50 pm

I just posted in a similar feature request post, but this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!
dauthimaster

Postby notagain » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:00 pm

would love this

having office365 and various other sites all authenticated all using my AD password and some variation on user name it would be nice for both my security score and ease of password changes if these could be linked.
notagain

Next

Return to Feature Requests