Search or identify an English string

Help us translate LastPass into your favorite language

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Search or identify an English string

Postby listas123 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:14 am

I check the Hungarian translations on the webpage. Although we have a nearly "100% translated" status on the Hungarian language, there are still whole English sentences on the webpage. However to find them is very difficult.

It would be better either to have a "search" function to find untranslated words/sentences, or to identify them on the webpage by a point and click method. I guess the first solution is more feasible, but the second would be easier to use.

Either way we need a method to find untranslated or translated, but to be corrected words/sentences.

Regards,
misibacsi
listas123

Re: Search or identify an English string

Postby tehchemic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:20 am

listas123 Wrote:I check the Hungarian translations on the webpage. Although we have a nearly "100% translated" status on the Hungarian language, there are still whole English sentences on the webpage. However to find them is very difficult.

It would be better either to have a "search" function to find untranslated words/sentences, or to identify them on the webpage by a point and click method. I guess the first solution is more feasible, but the second would be easier to use.

Either way we need a method to find untranslated or translated, but to be corrected words/sentences.

Regards,
misibacsi

Agree, if there was some sort of shadow copy of the original websites available for translators only, where one could point the particular text block and be redirected to the translation tool's exact phrase, translation could really become more seamless. Or something like that with visual WYSIWYG translation capability. That would really be nice..
tehchemic

Return to Internationalization