Danish Translation Conventions / Dictionary

Help us translate LastPass into your favorite language

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Danish Translation Conventions / Dictionary

Postby Lars » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi

I've just started the Danish translation of LastPass, and one thing I immediately noticed was how certain words are translated very differently by various translators. The meaning of the sentences are quite clear despite the various translations used.

Would it be possible to establish a list of conventions, so we all use the same line of words.. i.e. "Passwords" has been translated as "kodeord", "adgangskode" and straight up "password". I've also seen "email" being translated as "email", "e-mail" and (most dreadfully) "e-post adresse".

We are getting there.. hopefully by the end of the summer we can finish it.

Lars :geek:
Lars

Re: Danish Translation Conventions / Dictionary

Postby Israel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:32 pm

We had a similar issue with the Japanese translation and the two translators were able to resolve this issue.

Due to privacy issues though, we can't just give out email addresses, they'd have to post here to start some kind of discussion.
Israel
Site Admin

Re: Danish Translation Conventions / Dictionary

Postby Lars » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Israel Wrote:Due to privacy issues though, we can't just give out email addresses, they'd have to post here to start some kind of discussion.
I understand that, and am actually rather pleased you maintain our privacy.

We are about +10 active translators on the Danish part, so the issues could easily be solved using this forum.
Lars

Return to Internationalization