Re: Australian States

Postby bob » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:33 pm

Thanks Nick,

This has been updated.

Bob
bob

Postby zan5hin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi I am running 1.60 Lastpass Toolbar in Firefox and I can't see any Australian States in the drop-down options, and there is not option for manual entry either.

For example I am registering on a site at the moment that has a drop down box with our state abbreviations, ACT, VIC, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, WA, TAS.

If it is a normal text field I would also like it to enter the full name of my state - Victoria.

Thanks
zan5hin

Postby drew » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 am

You should be able to manually change the state field in a form fill profile. Is this not working for you?

Drew
drew

Postby zan5hin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:37 am

No
zan5hin

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:55 pm

zan5hin Wrote:No

Could you make a screenshot of the issue and in it make sure you have put your cursor into the state box and tried to type a letter?
JoeSiegrist

Postby NickOg » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:13 pm

I started this stream - just 12 months ago, I see. I have just tried this again and as Joe has said, if you type on the state bar (and that is what I missed) then you can enter any state that you like and you could type in the full state name.

I can't paste a video of this but you an see it here http://screencast.com/t/MjU4MGZiM - that might clarify it.

It would be useful if Lastpass could pick up and pre-fill the country (it picks up the time zone) and ideally add an associated state drop down.

Regards

Nick
NickOg

Postby zan5hin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:58 am

Ah ok, so you manually fill it in, now it is working.

I have to say this is first drop down box I have ever seen where you can edit the drop down box.

I really think Australia still deserves to have states listed. I know we are a small country however I have seen quite a few international sites like online poker that list Aussie states. For an app that is supposed to fill forms it would be nice.
zan5hin

Postby NickOg » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Glad you found it! It was a new one on me too! Yes - I would have thought a drop down for Australia would be a reasonable option. And since we Australians are a decent, caring, internationally minded nob, of course drop down states for some of those other lesser countries would be reasonable! :D

Nick
NickOg

Previous

Return to Internationalization