String changes between versions?

Help us translate LastPass into your favorite language

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

String changes between versions?

Postby Mika » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 am

Hello folks.

I'm just wondering, I started the Finnish translation at the version 1.32, and now we are up to 1.34, any string changes and whatnots? How does that work exactly? When I'm done with the po file, it will only work with 1.32? How do I then keep it updated?

It's very confusing. :)

Oh, and I'm about 50% done currently, would have probably finished it already, but life went crazy sometime ago.
Mika

Re: String changes between versions?

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:10 am

Mika Wrote:Hello folks.

I'm just wondering, I started the Finnish translation at the version 1.32, and now we are up to 1.34, any string changes and whatnots? How does that work exactly? When I'm done with the po file, it will only work with 1.32? How do I then keep it updated?

It's very confusing. :)

Oh, and I'm about 50% done currently, would have probably finished it already, but life went crazy sometime ago.

Once you submit the 1.32 version -- we take all the strings out of that and then put up a new po file with any new strings that have been added for translation (which should be much much smaller list to translate).

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby Mika » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:26 am

Alright, that's excellent.
Mika

Postby sameer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:16 am

Mika Wrote:How does that work exactly?

hi Mika,

We're generally incorporating new translated strings you provide and adding new ones that require translation
on a weekly basis. So please redownload the PO file from https://lastpass.com/translate.php every few weeks
to see if any updates are needed.

Thanks,
sameer
sameer
Site Admin

Return to Internationalization