New website

Help us translate LastPass into your favorite language

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

New website

Postby J M » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Well, the Spanish version of the new website is almost done. Only some long boring sentences are left.

First of all, congratulations for the new design. Very nice look. Grid is an useful addition.

But I'd like to point out some of the very minor problems I have detected:

[*] Front page: "it's" is not translated. (It's fácil! ...sounds like Dora la Exploradora :) )
[*] I am doing my best, playing with the language and with synonyms to fit the Spanish version without ruining the visual design. But, please, when writing the English version, bear in mind that most languages require about 10% more space (even more for short sentences) to say the same thing. Allow some extra room in your design if you can.
[*] I have noticed that you convert to uppercase some of the sentences. The extended characters are not converted though (TRADUCCIóN instead of TRADUCCIÓN). I am trying to capitalize myself in the translated version, but it might create a formatting mess since some sentences are used both in uppercase and lowercase. I wonder if there is anything that you can do on your side to fix the way you convert to uppercase. For Spanish: á Á é É í Í ó Ó ú Ú ñ Ñ ü Ü ç Ç

P.S. I am available to help to make the Spanish speakers join English and Ducth speakers in the select club of forms an credit card users. ;)
J M

Re: New website

Postby drew » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanks for your hard work. I've rectified the "it's" and uppercase problems for now. My fixes haven't been pushed to production yet, but I'd imagine they will sometime soon.

Drew
drew

Return to Internationalization