can't fnish install - windows 10

Help us translate LastPass into your favorite language

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

can't fnish install - windows 10

Postby anthonyiannarelli879 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Hello, I am installing lastpass on a computer that I just upgraded to windows 10. I cannot complete the install because the lastpass windows seem to not fit properly. on the last screen where you need to choose to import passwords or not, I can not see the menu options at the bottom, cannot scroll the window and tried to hit tab and return and cannot get it to work. it I just close the install app, the app does not install. I am using an asus touch screen computer with a high resolution screen. 1320x1800. I tried reducing the resolution and this did not help.

any ideas

anthoyn
anthonyiannarelli879

Re: can't fnish install - windows 10

Postby lewiscr1548 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:02 am

I have the issue as well.
lewiscr1548

Postby jiveman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:54 am

Same here. Windows 10 Home on a laptop with 3840x2160 resolution and text-sizing set to 225%. Can't finish the install, which is stuck on the "LastPass found the following passwords stored insecurely on your computer..." Tried sizing down the resolution and text-sizing, but no difference (the whole window gets larger or smaller, but I still can't do anything with it).
jiveman

Postby kevin712 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:28 pm

I have seen this problem on Windows 8 and 10. It is a real problem and most time prevents you from completing the installation. Not just LastPass but other applications as well.

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/wp-content/uploads/installer_import_win.png
In this case, there is a button that needs to be pressed to either "Import" or say "No Thanks" to the dialog window. Unfortunately the programmer at LastPass did not include hot-keys or a good cursor navigation in their efforts. I have found by trial an error through a combination of changing window focus by selected another window and then coming back followed by a tab or two will eventually let you move forward. I can be certain if I imported or said no thanks but was able to get passed the issue.

Come on guys at LastPass. Please add a hot-key like "Alt-I" to select Import or "Alt-N" to say no thanks. This is a simple best practice. Also, please enable the ability to re-size the window. Please!!!
kevin712

Postby qualityweb99960 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:45 am

I had the same problem but I sent the message to last pass support and they helped me and explained me how to do this. Contact them and they will explain you how to do this.
qualityweb99960

Postby qualityweb99960 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:46 am

I had the same problem but I sent the message to last pass support and they helped me and explained me how to do this. Contact them and they will explain you how to do this.
qualityweb99960

Return to Internationalization