The 't' in 'letzte' is still missing, discovered just one year ago... :shock:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=127#p344365
(Plugin for FF-33, v3.1.54)

(Btw: How to attach screenshots??)
juster

Re: Want To Help Translate LastPass? --> READ THIS POST

Postby Nexus1901 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Hello everybody!

I am new here in LastPass and I am working in Catalan translation. Anybody knows when the translations take effect? I've seen in posts here perhaps it needs a website or mobile app updates... How it works exactly?

Thank you
Nexus1901

Postby lifenstein » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:32 am

Can proper nouns like "LastPass" be allowed to be transliterated? Translation of the proper noun makes no sense, but transliteration should be allowed, at least in phonetic languages. Right now, translations are required to contain the exact string 'LastPass', which looks weird in the translated string.
lifenstein

Postby kimishima » Sun May 31, 2015 11:33 pm

Helping translate about a few % of JP now... hope they give me a free premium....
kimishima

Postby sinmantky » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:59 am

How often are the language files being updated into the binaries? The apps may take a while due to Apple's side, but the webpage could be reflected within a couple of days if the effort...
sinmantky

Postby Tankred » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:50 am

I am really astonished that the German translation is considered a 100% complete according to this web page: https://lastpass.com/misc_translate.php

The first thing I have done after installing the program is to switch the language to English because the German translation is in fact incomplete, confusing and sometimes horribly wrong.

Care for an example?

* In the vault, the search field says 'search my vault'
* On this very page it says 'Sortieren nach: Folder a-z'
* It says 'Sichere Notizen' on the left but 'secure notes' on the page itself
* On the page 'Freigabe Center' (which isn't a German description at all) it's the same (Shared Folders which would be rather something like 'Freigegebene Ordner')
* On this page it also says 'View Deleted Shared Folders'
* On the page 'Notfallzugriff' we have 'Notfallzugriff Gewähren' where 'gewähren' is not a noun
* There we have something like 'Notfallzugriff Akzeptiert Wenn Ihnen jemand Notfallzugriff auf seinen Tresor gewährt, wird sein Konto hier aufgelistet werden.' which sounds horrible and is similar wrong to the 'gewähren' case
* On 'Webseiten' we have a tooltip with the non German description 'Show Large View'
* In the menu 'Weitere Optionen' you have the word 'Hilfe' two times, one for the category and one for the entry in the category

I could go on for ages because there are errors and missing translations everywhere. Don't get me wrong, many people surely put great effort in the translation to get so far. But don't consider this as completed. It's still work in progress.

Additionally, you should check your E-Mail templates, too. The template that greets new premium members is a mess. Just a few examples:

Mit LastPass Premium können Sie Ihre Produktivität auf die nächste Stufe heben und den Seelenfrieden mit Folgendem genießen:

'Seelenfrieden' is something, God can give you. The English word could be something like 'peace of soul'.

Priorisierter Support für Prioritätsnutzer.

Priority support for priority users? Is it like police men do police work?

Vergessen Die nicht, dass Sie Ihren Zahlungsverlaug verwalten

I think that should be 'Sie' and 'Zahlungsverlauf' as 'Zahlungsverlaug' isn't a word and 'Die' makes no sense.

So, I don't want to mess with you guys. I just think that LastPass is a great product which deserves a higher quality regarding the German translation.
Tankred

Postby MaxHeadroom » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:54 am

Tankred Wrote:I am really astonished that the German translation is considered a 100% complete according to this web page: https://lastpass.com/misc_translate.php

All english strings in the translation tool (lastpass.com/trans.php) are 100% translated.

* In the vault, the search field says 'search my vault'
* On this very page it says 'Sortieren nach: Folder a-z'
* It says 'Sichere Notizen' on the left but 'secure notes' on the page itself
* On the page 'Freigabe Center' (which isn't a German description at all) it's the same (Shared Folders which would be rather something like 'Freigegebene Ordner')
* On this page it also says 'View Deleted Shared Folders'
* On the page 'Notfallzugriff' we have 'Notfallzugriff Gewähren' where 'gewähren' is not a noun
* There we have something like 'Notfallzugriff Akzeptiert Wenn Ihnen jemand Notfallzugriff auf seinen Tresor gewährt, wird sein Konto hier aufgelistet werden.' which sounds horrible and is similar wrong to the 'gewähren' case
* On 'Webseiten' we have a tooltip with the non German description 'Show Large View'

Since Lastpass 4.0 we have an mix between english and german. I don't no why.

* In the menu 'Weitere Optionen' you have the word 'Hilfe' two times, one for the category and one for the entry in the category

The word "Hilfe" occours many times in the translation tool. You don't know which "Hilfe" is the "Hilfe" in the menu "Erweiterte Optionen" or which "Hilfe" is for the category and which for the entry.
MaxHeadroom

Previous

Return to Internationalization