A thing about one time password context

Help us translate LastPass into your favorite language

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

A thing about one time password context

Postby Mika » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 am

Are one time passwords related to sites or accounts? Or both, or something else? For example, string "A one time password for %s has been copied to your clipboard." is a problematic one.
Because of the way the Finnish language works with word suffixes instead of prepositions it's impossible to translate this directly without knowing the %s, but since %s is a not constant, I would need to know if %s comes from accounts, sites or something else so I can modify the string accordingly.

What I mean, is whether "A one time password for site %s has been copied to your clipboard." would also be correct? Or "A one time password for account %s has been copied to your clipboard." In both these cases I can add the suffix to the added word (site or account) and leave %s as is.

This isn't a problem with just this one string, there's a bunch of these in the Sesame strings. So any help with this would be great.
Mika

Re: A thing about one time password context

Postby drew » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:56 pm

In this case, the %s gets replaced with the user's LastPass master email address. For example, if my LastPass login is drew@lastpass.com:

A one time password for drew@lastpass.com has been copied to your clipboard.

Drew
drew

Postby Mika » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:02 pm

Alright. Here's a few more from the Sesame stuff that I'd like to be sure about.

"A one time password for %s could not be automatically copied to your clipboard.
Please manually copy the below value to your clipboard.

%s"

"The offline password for %s could not be automatically copied to your clipboard.

%s"

"The offline password for %s has been copied to your clipboard."

"Are you sure you would like to remove %s from the list?

NOTE:
Removal from the list will not disable Sesame authentication for the user.
If you wish to disable Sesame authentication, edit the user's Sesame settings and then optionally remove them from the list."
Mika

Postby drew » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:02 am

I'm not sure what you meant by the:

%s"

lines, but all the other %s's correspond to the user's LastPass master email address.

Drew
drew

Postby Mika » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 am

drew Wrote:I'm not sure what you meant by the:

%s"

lines, but all the other %s's correspond to the user's LastPass master email address.

Drew

Those are part of the entire string. The question is, what do you mean by them. :p

As in

A one time password for %s could not be automatically copied to your clipboard.

%s

is a string. The last %s is easy to deal with because it's separate from everything else, but I included them because they are in the strings.
Mika

Postby drew » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:25 am

Ok... Then yes, every %s you've referenced so far gets replaced with the user's LastPass master email address.

Drew
drew

Return to Internationalization