ios app - allow "do not reprompt for -TIME-" at login

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

ios app - allow "do not reprompt for -TIME-" at login

Postby lpuser231422 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:38 am

Hi forum,

I frequently go into the IOS app to copy an autogenerated password (and/or username), and then jump over to some other app (maybe online banking or something). A while ago a feature was added to the "internal" password screen that allows you to select "don't re-prompt for N" where N is 15sec, 60sec, 30min, etc. This feature is great, but it requires me to enter my password at least twice to copy something out of the vault (once at initial login, and again at the first "internal" password prompt after I select "Copy Password" out of an entry).

To make this better, it would be great if:

1) The initial login screen offered this same "do not reprompt for N" option. That gives me the chance to cut out one password entry if I so choose.

2) The app preferences allows you to set a default for the "do not reprompt for N" option - both whether it's ON/OFF, and also the time. This is one or two less clicks as well.

Thanks!
lpuser231422

Re: ios app - allow "do not reprompt for -TIME-" at login

Postby nicoloss » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:33 pm

I just let LastPass know that I felt similarly by sending them feedback (via their ticketing system here: https://bit.ly/1SFDuZS)

Here is the message I used, in case you want to do anything similar:

This is related to all implementations of LastPass, but I chose Chrome browser extension, since that's what I use most.

I would like to suggest that after logging in to LastPass initially, when I then try to open one of my sites immediately, I should not be re-prompted to enter my master password for sites where I've:
A. Required re-prompt
B. Set a period of time (e.g. 5 minutes) where re-prompt should not be required.

This causes me frustrations daily, and in my 5 years of being a paying LastPass customer, that's added up to thousands of frustrations. Please fix! You'd make me and many other LastPass customers much happier.

And to wit, here are all the SEPARATE forum posts on this topic (yes, that's how desperate I was to find a solution. I searched the forums high and low for a solution):

Thank you sincerely.
nicoloss

Postby nicoloss » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:50 pm

I just let LastPass know that I felt similarly by sending them feedback (via their ticketing system here: https://bit.ly/1SFDuZS)

This is related to all implementations of LastPass, but I chose Chrome browser extension, since that's what I use most.

I would like to suggest that after logging in to LastPass initially, when I then try to open one of my sites immediately, I should not be re-prompted to enter my master password for sites where I've:
A. Required re-prompt
B. Set a period of time (e.g. 5 minutes) where re-prompt should not be required.

This causes me frustrations daily, and in my 5 years of being a paying LastPass customer, that's added up to thousands of frustrations. Please fix! You'd make me and many other LastPass customers much happier.

And to wit, here are all the SEPARATE forum posts on this topic (yes, that's how desperate I was to find a solution. I searched the forums high and low for a solution):

Thank you sincerely.
nicoloss

Postby nicoloss » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 pm

A. Required re-prompt

Thank you sincerely.
nicoloss

Return to Feature Requests