Change multiple passwords at once - by password

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Change multiple passwords at once - by password

Postby justdave72 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:26 am

Bumping this thread because it's a year and a half later and I still don't have a solution for this. Would be really nice if something could get added to LastPass that would help this situation. Particularly the last paragraph of the last comment before this one.
justdave72

Postby tb582 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:42 am

Bumping this thread as well...
tb582

Postby os2baba » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:35 am

I have the same problem as well. I really need to be able to replace the same password in multiple entries and URLs doesn't cut it since while most entries for the domain use the same password, not all of them do.
os2baba

Postby os2baba » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 pm

Can someone from LastPass address this? Why can't we have a simple solution of searching by password and changing it? The whole URL matching and bookkeeping is painful. Surely this is not difficult to implement programatically. So what's the hold up? Is there some security aspect I'm missing or just that there aren't enough people clamoring for it?
os2baba

Postby tymyrick » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:30 pm

This feature would be very helpful. The duplicate password notification already finds duplicate passwords. Being able to mass change those to something else would be great.
tymyrick

Postby palidor169 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Bump.
palidor169

Postby tb582 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:01 am

BUMP - come on LP!!!
tb582

Postby BobM » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:11 am

I have the same problem as the original post: a single password that changes MONTHLY and which applies to x10s of corporate sites - not all of which have the same domain.
I do not understand all of the earlier discussion about workarounds but surely this is a not too difficult to address to provide a simple solution???

Even if a simple "find all logins with this [?] password facility were available it would at least allow easier admin./updates
Then subsequently "change all passwords of [?] to [Y]" could come later if it is a challenge.
BobM

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:55 am

BobM Wrote:I have the same problem as the original post: a single password that changes MONTHLY and which applies to x10s of corporate sites - not all of which have the same domain.
I do not understand all of the earlier discussion about workarounds but surely this is a not too difficult to address to provide a simple solution???

Even if a simple "find all logins with this [?] password facility were available it would at least allow easier admin./updates
Then subsequently "change all passwords of [?] to [Y]" could come later if it is a challenge.

Make the domains equivalent and then you'll only need one entry and password to change.

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-settings/#h7
jpenny84

Postby BobM » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:42 am

OK thanks. I have created equivalent domains as per instructions but what next? Should I now delete all of the various saved logins I currently have and allow Lastpass to create and use a single "equivalent domain logon"?
BobM

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests