1. I have a corporate LDAP login which works across a wide variety of corporate-owned sites spread across several different domain names.
2. I'm required to change my password every 3 months.
3. I use a specific password for my corporate login which is always unique from everything else.
4. Not every subdomain in the above-mentioned domains uses the LDAP-based login service.
5. Some sites use my email address registered in LDAP as the login name, some use my unix shell account name. They all use the same password, it's two different ways of refering to the same account.
What I used to do when using the Firefox built-in Password Manager:
1. I could use the "Mass Password Reset" extension to search for all sites that used that specific password.
2. I could apply a password change to all matching sites in bulk.
As you can see, that was *really* painless, and my password changes were all taken care of at once.
When using LastPass:
1. There appears to be no way to search for sites using a specific password or apply bulk changes to them
2. When I change a password on one site, it prompts me with a list of sites in the same parent domain with the same username, asking if I should change those to match.
Problems with the current LastPass method:
1. It only prompts for sites that are a) in the same parent domain, and b) use the same username
2. As mentioned above, my login is used on multiple parent domains and has two different ways to specify the username
3. Also as mentioned above, not every site in a given parent domain actually uses the LDAP login, even though some of them do have a matching username, and we actually have a LOT of sites, and it's really hard to remember which ones use it and which ones don't when it comes time to check all those boxes in the "do you also want to change?" dialog.
Anyone have any good solutions for this problem? As it stands, I'm still finding sites that need the password changed a month after my password changed, and I have to change it every 3 months. This is really painful compared to the built-in password manager in Firefox where I could change them all at once and be done with it. And LastPass is supposed to make my life easier?
A really easy solution for LastPass would be to allow me to search my vault by password and not just by site and username, because that's a sure-fire way to find them all.
I realize you can use the "How secure are you?" test to find sites that have passwords that match, but you can't bulk-change them from there, which makes it almost useless when I then have to go back to my vault and look for every one of those sites individually to change them (and there are several dozen). Please provide a solution for this in the next version!