about Form FIll Profile

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

about Form FIll Profile

Postby shishi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:34 am

Hello.

I think LastPass Form FIll Profile don't suit for Japanese people.

For example, way of writing address.
In Japan, follow this way " post-code prefecture city street block number (building name and room number)"

I don't know other country formats, but I think that is not same in USA or English or Europe.

I think LastPass need to suit profile format for people around the world and prevailing.
This is very important for splead LastPass worldwide.
shishi

Re: about Form FIll Profile

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:47 pm

shishi Wrote:For example, way of writing address.
In Japan, follow this way " post-code prefecture city street block number (building name and room number)"

Is it possible for the existing entries to be augmented and reused? House name for Building name? Perhaps if the profile language is Japanese we add Prefecture, block number, room number? Would things just not make sense to a Japanese person if they didn't go in the order you listed?

We realize there's a fair amount of work here -- the most useful thing for LastPass would probably be example sites saved in Firefox, with the english text of what should be filled in... We're in the process of doing Dutch this way right now.
JoeSiegrist

Postby shishi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Yes, House name for Building name.

Some entries can be reused, some entries are not needed.
I translated some entries to suit Japan.

Japanese address is not defined enough.
So, in Japan, most of forms for address are not splited. If splited, forms are splited prefecture, city, the rest , House name and room number.

I suggest if the profile language is Japanese, you change order and make two way to fill address, make address to one line and split above way .
I think this way is better for Japanese.

I believe this order is suit Japan
"ZIP/Postal code", "State/Province", "City/Town", "Address1", "Address2", "Address3", "Country", "Time-zone"
Then, I will translate words to suit Japan. I will translate Address2 or 3 into House name and room number.

"都道府県" which I said prefecture instead of "State/Province" in Japan, number of them is 47.
I will submit list of "都道府県" when you build it into LastPass like "State/Province".

Also, Japanese people don't use title and middle name. But I think no problem leave them as-is, most of Japanese don't care well.
shishi

Postby shishi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 am

I have other suggestion.

Japanese bank account have two types which named '普通'(hutuu) and "当座"(touza).
In Japan, sometimes we need name of bank blanch.

so, I think Bank account information need them.

Also, there is notes at side of account number and routing numder box,
it don't need for Japanese because Japanese checks don't have account number and routing number there.(Japanese routing number is 3 digit)

There is many difference from English and Japanese.
I will help you LastPass suit Japanese.
shishi

Return to Feature Requests