Hard link (url) vs. Soft link (url)

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Hard link (url) vs. Soft link (url)

Postby oooocanada » Sat May 30, 2009 5:44 pm

I'm logginig into some websites like Yahoo that have many services (mail, Flickr, Bookmarks, IM etc) and I have multiple Yahoo ID's (separate IDs for each of these services).

The problem is that even if I select a specific URL (for example yahoo.com/....source..flickr) it still shows me all logins for all Yahoo services, even though the other services have different links. It works sometimes (displays only spefic logins) when the urls for these services are unique enough. But most of the time it doesn't work well.

What I'd like to see is an option (check box) somewhere in "Edit Site Information" that has an option for "hard link" or "soft link".

If it's a hard link, then by logging into Flickr it wound't show all other logins (Bookmarks logins, email logins) in the menu (Autofil etc).

If it's softlink is selected for a page profile, then it would show together with all other available "soft" logins for a domain yahoo.com.

It seems right now Lastpass it displaying logins based on domain and not the complete URL. Which makes sense, sometimes the link slightly changes and it wouldn't work.

But I'd like to still have an option to select the behaviour for this option. Or perhaps set a part of URL (or a fragment) as a condition for a loggin to appear in the menu.
Below is a picture from Ironkey Identity Manager (http://www.ironkey.com) which handles this nicely...
Thanks.

Last edited by oooocanada on Sun May 31, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oooocanada

Re: Hard link (url) vs. Soft link (url)

Postby oooocanada » Sat May 30, 2009 5:52 pm

OK, so I think what I am looking for is this here:

'Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching"

This is in the post " Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You"...

Thanks.
oooocanada

Return to Feature Requests