transfer, expunge or archive

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: transfer, expunge or archive

Postby gfdesignlv » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:43 pm

I would like to see this as well (and is why I found this post when I Googled to see if I could!) -- but just had a thought as I was reading these... It would certainly be possible to put them in an Archive folder/label (just to keep them all together) AND change the URL that's associated with it (could even just add a ZZZ to the root domain name, don't have to change it much). Then it won't actually pop up as an option when you visit that site, but you could still search for it (even by domain name) and find it, if you needed it again.

Since there doesn't seem to be a way to do it officially, I believe I will try that method!
gfdesignlv

Postby llorracc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:55 am

I'd find this very convenient too, and have been hoping for it as a feature for a long time. I see that the first post requesting this feature is from 2009, and there have (to date) been almost 1000 views of the request. (There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to +1 the request, which is a flaw of the LastPass system). I'd guess that LastPass has deliberately decided not to implement this feature for some reason that they do not want to explain to users. My LastPass account is getting so cluttered that I'm thinking of migrating only those accounts that I use to a competitor, and deactivating LastPass so that it becomes my backup and archive solution, while a competitor becomes my main password system. I've found that DashLane does a much better job of logging me in on my iPhone, so maybe will go with them.
llorracc

Postby totyahu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:56 am

Just my +1 for archiving.
These old entries poison my otherwise great Security Score. :-)
totyahu

Postby paul1984 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Just wanted to add that I would like this feature too. For example, I had an old Newegg account that used my Hotmail address and several from places where I worked and used a corporate account. I don't want to totally delete any of them in case I need to look at my old orders, but I don't need them to pop up alongside my current account either.
paul1984

Postby BradChesney79 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm

I don't have anything to add. Same as everyone else. Every time I take a new employer, I get a dozen or so logins I'd like to just tuck away for future reference if needed.
BradChesney79

Postby charginghawk » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Going off this proposed solution:

You can use Identities as an archive. I set up two identities: one called Live and one called Archive. While browsing, just stay logged into Active.

You actually only need one identity (besides the initial/default/permanent identity "All"). I have an "Active" identitiy, and when I want to archive something I just remove it from the "Active" identity. I can still access it using the "All" identity if necessary.
charginghawk

Baggage Reduction Feature

Postby dale516 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 am

I've been a LastPass user a LONG time (850 entries plus 50 secure notes), and I'm also reluctant to throw anything away permanently. The result is that I have a ton of old "junk" in my vault, but there may be a gem in that huge pile. What I want is a way to remove the clutter, while keeping the option of looking through the pile, if I feel the need.

The idea is to split my vault contents into active and archive.

Those items I've archived would not show in "show matching sites" and would not show if I opened my vault and searched. But if I was spelunking a very old site, and figured I might have saved a password for it, I'd have the option of enabling view of the archives in both places.

As to how to get items into the archive state, it should be trivial to do so from the "show matched sites" drop-down, since that's is often cluttered with stuff that would take time to know for sure I could safely delete.

In order to do a mass vault split (into active and archive), the export function should have an additional column: a unique hash code that would uniquely identify each entry. Then I could use a spreadsheet to select a list of hash codes that I want placed into archive status. A new feature would accept a text file of those hash codes and set the archive status to true for each.
dale516

Postby jimchoong87528 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:21 pm

My +1 to archive feature.

Just how many +1s do they need to listen to our request? :roll:
jimchoong87528

Postby rando9812734923 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:14 am

I also would love an Archive feature.

How it could work:
Once entries are marked as Archived, they wouldn't show as a web login option.
When searched they wouldn't show up. But an option to also search and display archive would show in the results or near search bar
rando9812734923

Postby delmain » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Just popping in here to give another +1 to wanting an Archive option.

I have a ton of old work / contract logins and stuff that I don't need cluttering my interface everywhere when I only want to keep them for the possibility of needing them in the future. I'm moving over from 1Password which has a "don't show in browser extensions" option, which since LastPass works differently obviously wouldn't work 1:1, but could be implemented such that "archived" items don't show up in form-fill-ins or login searches, and only show up if you're looking at the vault itself.
delmain

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests