transfer, expunge or archive

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: transfer, expunge or archive

Postby SecretAlias » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:05 pm

It's also very simple to just add something to the URL. Like an 'ARCHIVE - ' in front of the URL. That way it remains searchable but won't come up as an option when you are at that site. You will have to search for it in your vault.
SecretAlias

Postby dotancohen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:17 am

Zosoled Wrote:You can use Identities as an archive. I set up two identities: one called Live and one called Archive. While browsing, just stay logged into Active.

This is actually a viable workaround. It would be much better if the different identities could be displayed in the top-level menu, though. Thank you for mentioning it!
dotancohen

Allow Archiving of old logins

Postby llorracc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:20 am

I found a number of requests on the forums for a feature I was looking for: The ability to archive instead of deleting old/inactive/defunct items. Various clunky workarounds are proposed but that's a sign that (a) a lot of people want the feature enough to try to figure out how to build it themselves and (b) they haven't been very successful in finding a good workaround.

For some reason, nobody participating in those discussions seems to have taken the step of posting this as an explicit feature request. So, I'm hereby doing so.
llorracc

Re: Allow Archiving of old logins

Postby RBINC » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:58 pm

llorracc Wrote:I found a number of requests on the forums for a feature I was looking for: The ability to archive instead of deleting old/inactive/defunct items. Various clunky workarounds are proposed but that's a sign that (a) a lot of people want the feature enough to try to figure out how to build it themselves and (b) they haven't been very successful in finding a good workaround.

For some reason, nobody participating in those discussions seems to have taken the step of posting this as an explicit feature request. So, I'm hereby doing so.

Ditto... I've been endorsing\recommending “LastPass****” to clients for years. Not only myself but also my clients (who call upon me for answers) have been inquiring as to “how to archive” not delete, inactive site\forms. I hate the word “NO”!
RBINC

Postby sargon172 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:10 pm

I see this request has been in here since 2012. Just how serious do they take these Feature Requests. We have been using the software for about 1 year now and within the first 30 days I realized this is a MUST HAVE feature. Perhaps in another 4 years.
sargon172

Postby sargon172 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:23 pm

SecretAlias Wrote:It's also very simple to just add something to the URL. Like an 'ARCHIVE - ' in front of the URL. That way it remains searchable but won't come up as an option when you are at that site. You will have to search for it in your vault.

That will work when I am on a site, but when I use the search vault feature, it will be listed which I use often. I use LP as a bookmark and fill tool so I don't have to remember URLs.
sargon172

Postby sargon172 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:49 pm

If anyone is interested, it may expedite the process if you put in a support ticket for this suggestion. They get escalated to the developers.
sargon172

Postby ghostofsparkles » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:18 pm

An old post, I know, but it appears in Google searches, and I figured I'd share my method.

I've made a Secure Note custom template called 'Dead Account', which asks for a URL (text field), Username (text field) and Password (password field).

Now when I want to archive something, I just create a Dead Account secure note, and keep them in a folder called Dead Accounts. Work great :)
ghostofsparkles

Postby klashnikov78 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:13 pm

This is end of 2016, and Lastpass doesn't seem to add archiving easy yet. So here is how I work around it: I create a Secure Note and name it X_Archive (to keep it down the bottom of the list), then manually copy old login entries over to the new note, where each entry will become a block of 3 lines: URL, user ID, password (plus a blank line to separate every blocks from each other). Still pretty laborious, but a little faster than copying onto new Identity.
klashnikov78

Postby TranQuangPhuc » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:22 am

My solution is instead of archiving obsolete sites, I just mark most visited sites as favorite and unmark out-of-date sites. Currently, I have more than 300 sites but only 11 of them are in favorites list.
TranQuangPhuc

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests