Shared Folder/Family Plan vs Enterprise

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Shared Folder/Family Plan vs Enterprise

Postby znelbokm » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:04 pm

I'll add my vote for this feature.

Trying to get the kids to use lastpass for the added security, but there needs to be some control from the parental units.
znelbokm

Postby Jewel2015 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:57 am

So could someone explain shared folders to me? I am new to LastPass. I've only downloaded on one computer and am testing it out before I upgrade to anything further advanced. I hate remembering passwords and Google Chrome doesn't always capture all my logins. My son is 14 and I would like to include him on here but not give him access to all of my passwords. Is this what shared folders would help with? As long as only his sites were in the folder? My husband and I can use the same account so I really only need to restrict my son's view.

Any help with this would be great. Thanks for your time.

- Rachel :D
Jewel2015

Postby IowaHawkeyes » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:13 am

I want to use LastPass in the same way as @Jewel2015. I'm willing to pay more for a "family plan", but I want a parental vault...or at the very least better pricing model so I can create individual accounts and share folders from my vault. Please advise.
IowaHawkeyes

Additional Shared Folders

Postby jzimmerman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Please add support for additional shared folders in the non-enterprise feature set. One folder isn't really enough beyond sharing with a spouse. A more usable suggestion for non-enterprise might be 3? 5? This is limiting enough for me that I'd leave lastpass for something else. I don't need any of the other enterprise features nor do I wish to manage users like an enterprise. Just wish to share a few different passwords with a few different people who have their own lastpass accounts.
jzimmerman

Postby mike808137 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:04 pm

I've had better luck using the "Identities" feature of LP to "share" passwords with my kids phones and tablets. Mobile devices have a "PIN" access feature. I've been proposing improvements to make that even better/secure, and they've acted on some. I hope that continues.

To setup your kids devices (and tablets) as separate identities: You edit the identity and then "drag" the sites you want to share with your kid's phone (or tablet) - e.g. netflix password. You also set it up to require the Master Password in order to change identities. Then you can setup the device to function without requiring entry of the master password, or for tablets and phones, setup using an easier to use (and less secure) PIN to access the LP passwords - *stored in the identity configured on the device*.

Then teach your kids to use and manage their passwords. Because it is an identity, it is automatically part of your vault, and therefore always synchronized. If the kids change the password, you still can access the new value, or if you change it, they get the new value automatically.

I think it is far more useful than trying to have multiple paid premium accounts for each child's phone and device. And it all comes as part of every premium account, so you only need one.
mike808137

Postby tom205 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:33 pm

2019 and still waiting
tom205

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:37 pm

tom205 Wrote:2019 and still waiting

They've had a family plan with administrative functions for some time now:

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-families
jpenny84

Previous