Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Postby tb582 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Bumped the support ticket again - here's the latest.

2017-03-20 12:26
Han I am sorry that we do not have ETA for this feature. Please understand we deal with the issues in the order of importance that we can best approximate as we have limited resources and we constantly triage and re-prioritize customer issues based on how many other customer raise the issue.

That being said, I have bumped the internal request again and will try to follow up with the team. When I hear anything from them, I will let you know.

In the general, users can see what are included in our release note: https://lastpass.com/upgrade.php?fromwe ... asenotes=1
tb582

Postby qwteyiuwyad » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:39 pm

+1, there's no reason that domain equivalence should only work for second-level domains. We were excited to use LastPass enterprise, and it's suddenly looking less useful for our developers.
qwteyiuwyad

Postby alexdray » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:45 pm

this has been an issue for OVER 5 YEARS.
maybe it's continually not important for your internal team, but for a small but important group of your users, the same users who are proponents of security and password management in the first place, this is a critical issue. I'm shopping around for an alternative to lastpass now. I'm fed up.
alexdray

Postby mlncn » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Another plea for this capability! Lots of sites offer chat, wiki, code, admin, etc. subdomains that often have (and often *should* have) different logins.
mlncn

Postby bigstylee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:41 am

+1 for this capability. As a web developer I have 4 versions of the same site, 3 of which use our company subdomain for development, testing and staging. The databases are regularly kept in sync meaning our passwords are the same accross all 4 sites. The inability to make this URLs equivalent is very frustrating.
bigstylee

Postby nebelstreif » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:15 am

Please let us merge different domains or subdomains that use the same underlying security store. It will resolve the security challenge for many and save a lot of time updating the same password in many places. Thanks in advance.
nebelstreif

Postby tb582 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am

Same old story from support - re-opened my ticket again.

lots of other threads on this issue too:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79467&start=50
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=78098&start=20
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=256325&start=10
tb582

Postby theo603 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 am

+1 for this feature! Much needed!
theo603

Postby sutch » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 pm

+1
Please
sutch

Postby PhaseBurn » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:40 am

+1

Really need this. Like others, I use groups of subdomains that share common login credentials. [jira|confluence].company.com = login/password A (back end auths using the same password for both sites), where as [time|tickets|mail].company.com = login/password B (back end auths using my AD creds), while nagios.company.com is a one-off using its own login/pass, and there's quite a few more. This is just the basics, and, why I need this. I change my password (as I'm required to do on Jira every 90 days), and I have to update my Confluence site in LP, to keep it in sync. same with the time entry system, our internal ticket system, and webmail - change one, it changes them all, and I have to do that also every 90 days.
PhaseBurn

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests