Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Postby valerydubrava » Mon May 02, 2016 7:57 am

+1, very useful feature
valerydubrava

Postby dwatkins714 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:05 am

This would be great but it shouldn't be buried in the LP general settings like it is now. It should be underneath the site settings. It should also apply to the security challenge so it doesn't count as duplicate passwords.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AQtAZKFz2EBF ... /image.png
dwatkins714

Postby dc1604 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:08 am

dwatkins714 Wrote:This would be great but it shouldn't be buried in the LP general settings like it is now. It should be underneath the site settings. It should also apply to the security challenge so it doesn't count as duplicate passwords.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AQtAZKFz2EBF ... /image.png

+100
Best suggestion ever.
dc1604

Postby team306 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:33 am

+1 vote for this feature. Thank you.
team306

Postby dc1604 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Sometimes I wonder if anybody in the LP dev team even reads these suggestions and acts on them in direction suggested/requested by users. I have a hunch that ain't happening, except once in a blue moon.
dc1604

Postby mike808137 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:10 pm

They say they looked at it 2-3 years ago, and the developers said "Great! Um, it's really hard to do though." and apparently, nobody in LastPass management had the stones to ... you know, manage people, ... and say "Um, you _are_ developers, right?" and "What part of 'as directed by management' don't you understand?"

From that, we can expect nothing more than LastPass "fixing" or adding "easy to develop" features. Sad, that their standards are so high. But if implementing easy features is the best they can do, well, the hard choice of staying with LastPass or not is up to you. It must be awesome to work there, to be faced with nothing challenging ever to think about, do, or deliver to your customers or management.
mike808137

Postby Wireball » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:28 pm

I came across the following thread and added my vote:
Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Current standings:
12% (528 votes): Other.
11% (475 votes): Support for your other Windows application passwords.
10% (421 votes): Multi-factor authentication. (Done? It appears that LastPass already has at least some multi-factor authentication support.)
08% (341 votes): Google Chrome support. (Done.)
07% (303 votes): Disposable Email Addresses.
06% (277 votes): Google Android support. (Done.)
06% (270 votes): Support for multiple profiles (work/home/travel). (Done? Perhaps I misunderstand; it seems like that's covered by identities.)
06% (254 votes): Bookmark/Favorite support. (Done? It's not the same extension, but Lastpass owns Xmarks...)
06% (253 votes): iPhone support. (Done? As far as I can tell, it appears to be on iPhone now.)
06% (241 votes): Autofill secure questions (mother's maiden name). (Done? In my observation, Lastpass has been pretty good about storing multiple different entries for different fields.)
05% (229 votes): Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching.
04% (187 votes): Login synchronization between Firefox , Internet Explorer, and LastPass Pocket. (I assume they mean login state)
04% (183 votes): Autologout of websites (reverse of Autologin).
03% (110 votes): Versioning/Rollback support.
02% ( 82 votes): Safari support.
02% ( 73 votes): Windows Mobile support.
02% ( 68 votes): Opera support.
02% ( 66 votes): Blackberry support.
Wireball

Postby dc1604 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:12 am

I lost patience, again, with lastpass. Me and lastpass are just not compatible - I can't stand this PoS and the unresponsive team.

I went back to 1password and solved along the way, rather elegantly, the problem of synchronizing the passwords with spouse. My wife, uses lastpass and she's content with it. I use 1password (as of two days ago, again), and the way to synchronize with her lastpass is to keep both lastpass and 1password extensions in the browser but disable any message/autofill/option from lastpass except the detection of new passwords or the update of the existing passwords. When I change a password I get prompted by both 1password and lastpass, make them to ingurgitate the new pass and move along. I get the 1password password, she gets the lastpass password - problem solved, moving along with life.

I worked under this mode for two days and seems to do the job.

The reason I went back to 1password is because I have the possibility to introduce multiple different URLs under the same login, WITHOUT the stupid hassle of making domains equivalent. It just works, plain and simple. Additionally the on-demand fill of the fields is far more precise.
dc1604

Postby tb582 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Latest from my support ticket from 2/18/15:

2016-06-28 13:20
Sean I can sympathize with your frustration, the issue has been reported and it is a feature that we do see requested often. It has been moved and prioritized to our team in Budapest for inclusion in a future release.

Sean
tb582

Postby dc1604 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:37 pm

Sean/tb582,

Thanks for keeping the rest of us informed, but still questions remain:

- What feature exactly is going to be included in the future release?
- When is that future release?
- Why is it not included in an earlier release?
- How will it work exactly?
- How is it going to overlap with equivalent domains?
- Why exactly isn't a lastpass team member monitoring/replying to the "Feature Requests" threads at all?

Just saying.
dc1604

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests