Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Postby kadse » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:04 pm

It's December. Any update on this matter? This is really needed.
kadse

Postby srf21c » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:11 pm

This feature would really help me out too.

My use case is web administration of dozens of servers with same LDAP user-name password combo on each server, accessible at svr01.domain.tld, svr02.domain.tld , svr03.domain.tld etc.

I would prefer the ability to use a wild card in the LastPass site entry, such that one entry with URL "srv**.domain.tld" would cover all of the needed servers. That would be the most elegant and easy setup IMO.
srf21c

Postby AeonicArchangel » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Going to add my +1 to this because this is a pretty big issue for me. It would be a huge help to have this implemented.

Is there any update on this?
AeonicArchangel

Postby snielson721 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:27 pm

+1 from me. This is the weakest link in LastPass for me. I have lots of corporate accounts (like those above) that need subdomain URL rules. The result is that I constantly get 6-7 options when going to one of these domains, and I can't remember which to pick, which results in multiple failed logins per day.

PLEASE add this feature!
snielson721

Postby KD7LRJ » Fri May 29, 2015 12:04 pm

I am relatively new to LastPass (RF convert), but I think this is the feature that would let me synchronize LastPass with the password changes required by our corporate policies in Active Directory. In addition to the requirements others have noted already, I work with quite a lot of networking equipment that requires me to login with IP Addresses, not DNS names. I would also like to be able to consolidate all of those entries into a single master entry that applies whenever my domain credentials are updated. Since we have multiple domains with different accounts on each domain, this would be extremely helpful to me. Currently it's a royal pain to have to update all of my login entries individually every 3 months!

Thanx!
   ...Doug
KD7LRJ

Equivalent Subdomains

Postby OddballSix » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:32 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow the ability to map subdomains like this.something.com I cant tell you how many subdomains have ended up with separate entries.
OddballSix

Postby banner » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Yeah +1 for this. As a developer, mapping the sub-domains on a test server to their live counterpart, would be very convenient. Currently, if I was to map the test server domain to the equivalent domains, I would have about 50 entries I would have to sort through on each site. The easiest solution for me now, is to have two separate entries for the same password. Although this makes it difficult when changing the passwords and also causes multiple "Duplicate Password" alerts in the security check.
banner

Postby Aunion » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:47 am

4 years later and still no action. As a web developer with local, staging and production environments I could really use this (especially for staging which usually are project.company.com).
Aunion

Postby randomdude78314 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:27 am

Yes, this is very much needed.
randomdude78314

Postby lmkunert » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:27 am

+1 on adding this feature. Very much needed at work... I find LP doesn't respect my URL rules even lately if I have separate entries. Something like servname00001.prod.domain.net has a rule but it still shows logins for servername00002.prod.domain.net, for example. That's also frustrating me, but maybe I've not setup my entry correctly...
lmkunert

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests