Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Postby kaze13 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:51 am

I'd like to see this. As a student who's splitting between my four-year-institution and my local community college, I sometimes run into "shared resources" that have different accounts. An example is the online classroom, hosted by a third party for both schools. These online classrooms are hosted at "schoola.example.com" and "schoolb.example.com"...and "schoola.example.com" authenticates to "schoola.edu" while "schoolb.example.com" authenticates against "schoolb.edu". Thus, I'd want to add "schoola.edu, schoola.example.com" as equivalent domains and "schoolb.edu, schoolb.example.com" as equivalent...but I do not want "schoola.edu, example.com" or "schoolb.edu, example.com" as equivalent.
kaze13

Postby kadse » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Why doesn't LastPass add this feature? We need this. Now.
kadse

Postby Epcylon » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 am

The current solution with equivalent sub domains and URL rules is simply too restricted. Consider the following use case:

Developer sites, using Crowd authentication:
jira.company.tld, bamboo.company.tld, fisheye.company.tld, confluence.company.tld

Other internal sites, using AD authentication:
intranet.company.tld, precense.company.tld, kpi.company.tld

Internal sites linked to parent company authentication, on own domain and on parent-company domain:
blog.parent-company.tld, social.company.tld, benefits.parent-company.tld

Login details for dev-versions of live site:
dev.site.tld, uat.site.tld, local.site.tld, http://www.site.tld

These are four groups of domains where I would like to say that the same credentials should be used for all sites in each group, but the credentials will be different for each group.

With the current system, I can't effectively see a way to handle this, without simply saving each and every site with exact host matching, and then living with the warning that I have duplicate credentials (or disable it for these domains). Several possible ways to handle this has been suggested above, please implement one of them.
Epcylon

Postby tclark780 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:31 am

I really need this feature because of the multitude of subdomains my company has setup. Some of them share a login, others don't, so I can't just do *.company.com. URL Rules are very cumbersome in this situation. Being able to add a.company.com b.company.com and c.company.com as Equivalent Subdomains would be the easiest way in the LastPass UI to do this.

There is another use case that the current Equivalent Domains doesn't cover for me. One of the sites I need to use has other subdomains with their name as the sub part. For example organization.com and organization.training.com and organization.marketperks.com. These all have the same login and need to be considered equivalent.

This feature request is two years old. Are the developers giving it any thought? This is important enough to me to consider alternatives. There's a decent amount of work involved in setting up URL rules for all the sites I have to keep track of at this company & elsewhere. The KeePass browser extension allows you to enter additional URLs considered equivalent for any entry. If this feature is under consideration / development for LastPass, I don't mind being patient. I would just like to know if there's work being done on the feature. Thanks.
tclark780

Postby kadse » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 pm

This feature request is two years old. Are the developers giving it any thought? This is important enough to me to consider alternatives. There's a decent amount of work involved in setting up URL rules for all the sites I have to keep track of at this company & elsewhere. The KeePass browser extension allows you to enter additional URLs considered equivalent for any entry. If this feature is under consideration / development for LastPass, I don't mind being patient. I would just like to know if there's work being done on the feature. Thanks.
Please write a message to the support. They need to be reminded.
kadse

Postby dmitrijLP » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:56 am

kadse Wrote:
Please write a message to the support. They need to be reminded.

To be honest additional reminders about this feature are definitely not needed at this point of time, as this feature suggestion still stands strong on our request list.

Regards,
Dmitrij
dmitrijLP

Postby Ulfsark » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:37 pm

I also require this feature. Please add it already.
Ulfsark

Postby todd902 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:22 am

I also vote for this feature. I especially like the idea of the ability to list the equivalent URLs (possibly with regex or at least wildcards) in the edit site dialog.
todd902

Postby dmitrijLP » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:12 am

As a small update on the following feature request, one of the developer has said that the following change it technically not an easy one, since there would have to be a massive follow up change made in all of the extension as well as adjustments for the currently implemented equivalent domains.

Nonetheless, this feature request should still be implemented.

Regards,
Dmitrij
dmitrijLP

Postby Gromz » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:09 pm

I need it as well, so pretty please, make it happen.
Gromz

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests