Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Postby redeemer » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:13 am

I too vote for this feature:

Ability to specify equivalent subdomains
redeemer

Postby ST Nathan » Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 am

Another vote here. Even better and more intuitive though would be to ditch Equivalent Domains entirely, and instead simply allow users to optionally specify more than one url when adding a site. Speaking for myself, that's where I intuitively expected to be able to equate multiple domains to the same login, and it would eliminate all these a.example.com, b.example.net type issues.
ST Nathan

Postby Aunion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:09 am

+1 vote
Aunion

Postby dim » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 am

+1 vote.. I'm using a couple of DDNS providers with sub-domains. This feature would make it easier to manage and maintain the logins.
dim

Postby klimtag » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:10 am

+1 vote. And while developing this, perhaps you can think about a simpler setup. Instead of having rules and settings like "URL Rules" and "Equivalent subdomains" let me as user simply have the possibility to link any entry to another. So if I add a new site let me have the option to either (1) fill it it and/or generate (as nowadays) or (2) select another entry from the list to link to (and hence use the username/pwd from that entry).
How difficult can it be, a simple 1-to-many relationship ;-)
Cheers Luite
klimtag

Postby paultoma » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:04 pm

+1 vote. Yes yes yes. Very useful.

bobsite.ourclients.com =/= fredsite.ourclients.com
BUT....
bobsite.ourclients.com == bobslivesite.com

I can make it work for ourclients.com and bobslivesite.com... but that then means fredsite.ourclients.com also == bobslivesite.com which i don't want.
paultoma

Postby chronix » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Yes. Developer here. Love LastPass, but run into this problem several times a day.

aaa.server.com and bbb.server.com are really two seperate domains and the ability should be there to specify a 3rd level domain for the equivalent domains functionality.
Or not .. but that should be a choice, not a limitation.

Please guys at Lastpass, adding this (in my opinion not really that hard) would help out a lot of us!
chronix

Postby VijaySaraff » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:17 am

+1 for equivalent subdomains.

I like the the more intuitive option of multiple urls, though that would impact security as people would start using the same password on each site, so that's up to debate.

Consider the case of a website authenticated via your AD/LDAP user/password. Now the credentials will be the same, but the urls' will be different for each app. Thus having the option for multiple URL would make this use case much easier.
VijaySaraff

Postby hnorobertson » Tue May 13, 2014 4:42 am

+1.
Developer here.
Various different authentication servers, various local vhosts, various remote hosts. Which authentication server is used is specified as a 3rd level domain.

Also, wildcards in equivalent domains would be really useful.
hnorobertson

Postby radix » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:04 pm

+1 This is an essential request. I work at a large institution that has hundreds of systems accessed via a subdomain such as system1.example.com system2.example.com and so on. Some of these sub domain systems have their own password and some are connected to a central authentication systems. For the ones that share a central auth it would be great to only have one entry for all those different subdomains. This is not just a developer thing.

LastPass people have been asking for this for like 2 years, do we have any sense of if this would even happen and if so what timeline? I am going to switch password managers otherwise so it would be a big help to know.
radix

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests