Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Postby amelsakka » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Hello,
It would be really useful and handy to have the feature of "Equivalent Sub Domains"..
URL Rules feature is not useful in many cases.

In many cases I have one domain with many sub domains having some common accounts.
So if I enabled URL rules for this domain,, all accounts are shown in each sub domain (more than 100 accounts) which is very confusing.

I want to be able to join two sub domains "sub1.domain.com, sub2.domain.com" to match accounts between those two sub domains only, instead of showing all accounts of all sub domains of this domain.
amelsakka

Re: Equivalent Sub Domains not URL Rules

Postby kilgry » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Um, going to have to jump on the RTM bandwangon on this one:
http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-se ... t-domains/
kilgry

Postby hudanni » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 pm

The ability to equate sub domains (and not just domains) would be a useful feature.

LastPass's current implementation of equivalent domains only allows the user to equate top level domains, not sub-domains. For example, you can equate example.net and example.com, but not a.example.com with b.example.net.

In my case, the reason this feature would be useful is because I have various accounts (which are not linked to a single authentication database) at work in which I've had to configure "exact host matching" URL rules within LastPass for my employers internal domain; however, there are a few sites which are equivalent, and it would be fantastic if I could equate those sub-domains. In the meantime, I've had to create two separate LastPass sites to accommodate this setup.
hudanni

Postby kilgry » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:28 pm

My experience is that if I equate google.com and youtube.com it works for www.google.com and www.youtube.com.
kilgry

Postby hudanni » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Yes, you are correct. However, the ability to ONLY equate subdomains is not in the current functionality. I do not want to equate myjob.com and myjob.net; I only want to equate a.myjob.com with b.myjob.net.
hudanni

Postby kilgry » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 pm

But if you equate the top level domains the sub-level should equate as well. So are you asking to not equate a.myjob.com with myjob.com?
kilgry

Postby hudanni » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Correct, I do not want to equate mjob.com with myjob.net; only a.myjob.com with b.myjob.net (note, the two different TLDs).

Why the two different domains? One domain is publicly resolvable, and the other is not; for a variety of reasons, the same resource has both, a public and private hostname; however, the credentials are the same.
hudanni

Postby kilgry » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:24 am

I think I get it. Well, you might want to try to equate the myjob.com and myjob.net, then use the URL rules to split up the a.myjob.com and myjob.com.
kilgry

Postby Elijah Lynn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:18 pm

kilgry Wrote:Um, going to have to jump on the RTM bandwangon on this one:
http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-se ... t-domains/

I am going to have to jump on the Read the Question bandwagon. Did you even read it?
Elijah Lynn

Postby Elijah Lynn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:21 pm

I would like this too. I am a web developer and I have public sites at say dev.example.gotpantheon.com and live.example.gotpantheon.com, which LP handles nicely. When I have a local environment setup I have a hostname of say loc.example.com and it would be nice to have LP think they are the same.
Elijah Lynn

Next

Return to Feature Requests