Ordering Multiple Logins to same URL

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Ordering Multiple Logins to same URL

Postby madscientist » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm

I haven't found a way to reorder the logins, but I have found a way to set a default (kind of). It is a variation of what cyberqueen suggested. If you want one particular login to be filled in by default, edit the preferences of all the other logins and check the "Never autofill" box. These entries will still appear when you click the autofill button on the toolbar, so you can still use them when you need to, but because the login you want as "default" is the only login that does not have "Never autofill" checked, then it will be the one that gets filled in.

Hope that is helpful to someone.
madscientist

Postby abandonliberty » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:44 am

Chrome fix:

Situation: I added my girlfriend's account for her occasional use, but it was always autofilling on a 'save all entered data' site where lastpass doesn't give the login popup requiring a lot of mouseclicks to get my info autofilled.

Selecting 'never autofill' on one account made all accounts not autofill.

In desperation I decided to delete and recreate my primary account.

Resolution: Copying my password out of my desired account made it the default autofill choice!
abandonliberty

Postby spiff » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:33 am

madscientists 'fix' didn't work for me. it doesn't pre-fill the email box in my gmail with the only account that i didn't select 'never autofill' for.
still looking for a 'default' or 'favourite' type of checkbox as suggested by previous users.
spiff

Postby knightnet » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:52 am

madscientists 'fix' didn't work properly for me when using IE11 but worked fine with Firefox.
knightnet

Postby rplaughl » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 pm

This desperately needs to be added. To beat the dead horse:

I have my primary email gmail address which I use all the time. I also have a separate gmail account which I need but rarely need to access. By having two logins for the same URL, auto login is automatically disabled. It requires the user to choose which credentials to use before the "auto fill or auto login" options are activated. I want to login automatically every time with credentials A and merely have the option to select credentials B for the infrequent times I need in to that account. I can't do that right now. I thought setting credentials A to autofill and autologin and setting credentials B to "disable autofill" would do the trick, but it doesn't. Please fix this.
rplaughl

Postby vintageveloce » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:58 pm

This is definitely needed. Please do it LastPass!
vintageveloce

Postby XanderDyson » Thu May 01, 2014 4:11 pm

It's really sad when developers at companies become lazy and/or obstinate. It's obvious that being able to determine the ordering of your accounts is a basic common sense function which users have requested for over five years now, since LastPass first started.

At the VERY LEAST there should be an option to order accounts alphabetically. This is a SIMPLE FIX. How do I know it's simple, because every so often (very rarely) the ordering algorithm which LastPass developers are so in love with fails for whatever reason, and all of my accounts appear in alphabetical order.
XanderDyson

Postby amaiman » Sun May 04, 2014 10:45 am

I would also like to see a fully functional (not a workaround) version of this feature added; it would be very useful.
amaiman

Postby skyboy42 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Adding my voice to the choir -- I love LastPass dearly, but it's difficult to use for web developers (or testers, like me) who need a better way to quickly choose from among multiple logins for a site. Having to make 4 clicks, needing to scan and navigate cascading lists, etc. just to login is tedious and frustrating to have to do all the time... the product would truly shine if you could put on your thinking hats and bring some simplification to this common use case.
skyboy42

Postby ProfessorChaos » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:39 pm

I could have swore that LastPass had this feature, but a bit of searching brought me here. Adding another voice to this request. Thanks!
ProfessorChaos

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests