Ordering Multiple Logins to same URL

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Ordering Multiple Logins to same URL

Postby hankt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:19 pm

I can't find a way to order the priority of logins when I have Multiple Logins for the same site.
Example: For banking I manage 1) My Account, 2) My Daughter's Account, 3) My Elderly Father's Account

When I call up the URL the default autofill is my Daughter's login information. Arrgggh!

There should be some way to prioritize the DEFAULT login or primary login for a site so that when multiple logins exist the user can select which one will be the AutoFill and first choice in the list of logins.

Thanks
hankt

Re: Ordering Multiple Logins to same URL

Postby Lars » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:00 pm

A quick search here on the forum, would reveal that currently, you can't sort or prioritize between multiple logins..
Lars

Postby cyberqueen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:45 pm

@hankt: Have you tried checking "Never AutoFill" for each entry in your vault that goes to that URL? My experience with multiple Gmail accounts is that if there are several logins that share the same URL, checking Never AutoFill (in Edit in the vault) should result in all three logins being listed under the AutoFill button when you go to the site. If you click on that AutoFill button, you can then choose which of the logins you want each time.
cyberqueen

Postby hankt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestions for work arounds. I will try them.
They are, however, work arounds.

I still suggest that adding the functionality would be an appropriate response to the myriad of postings that are struggling with the same issue.
The question is whether the company is committed to responding to customer issues and requests.
hankt

Postby Lars » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:25 am

hankt Wrote:I still suggest that adding the functionality would be an appropriate response to the myriad of postings that are struggling with the same issue.
The question is whether the company is committed to responding to customer issues and requests.

Yet, despite of the "myriad of postings" you found it pertinent to add one more?

You must clearly be new to this forum, or you would've known that the LastPass team actually pay a great deal of attention to it's users and appreciate their feedback, as well as try and implement suggestions for improvement.
Lars

Postby hankt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:34 am

Yes Lars, I am new here.
But when I come to a forum and find a history of comments about a specific issue and only mentions of work arounds not solutions - or a note from the company about a solution in progress - then I does give me pause to wonder if the company is paying attention or really cares about the customer's requests.

Sorry if I offended you. I could only draw my conclusions from the evidence that turned up when I searched the forum for my issue.

And yes I did post, again.
I do understand that when a company sees one post about an issue it is easy to discount it as being something that not many people are interested in or frustrated with. When many posts about an issue exists it does send a stronger message that the issue is seen as "important" by the user base.
hankt

Postby Artales » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:18 am

Yet, despite of the "myriad of postings" you found it pertinent to add one more?

You must clearly be new to this forum, or you would've known that the LastPass team actually pay a great deal of attention to it's users and appreciate their feedback, as well as try and implement suggestions for improvement.

@Lars

What an arrogant response, remind me not to p**s on you if I catch you on fire.
Artales

Postby Lars » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Artales Wrote:@Lars
What an arrogant response, remind me not to p**s on you if I catch you on fire.

If you have a need to communicate directly with me, pls email me at OnGoing6@gmail.com
Lars

Postby cyberqueen » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 am

@hankt: I don't see the method I described in my earlier posting as a work-around, I see it as a rather efficient solution to the problem. If you haven't tried it yet, I'd recommend that you do so. It certainly solved the problem for me.
cyberqueen

Postby mad101dan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:16 pm

@cyberqueen

The problem with your solution is that it requires you to mouse over to and choose which login you want which takes time.

I have joined the forum specifically to add my voice to request this feature be added, if at all possible.

My simple solution would be that if you make a username and password a favourite, than that gets filled in first on the autofill. If you have multiple logons to a site you can not enable autologin as you get stuck in an loop, but there will always be a username and password that is used more than others and that should be auto filled for you.

With work and personal emails all going through gmail, I have 5 logins to that site, but one that I wish to login with the most.

With that said, I love Lastpass and think its an amazing piece of software, which is why I pay for the mobile version to support it.
mad101dan

Next

Return to Feature Requests