Default Domain

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Default Domain

Postby pdugas » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:34 pm

I have what seems to be an ever increasing number of devices and applications on my internal network and I find I'm frequently typing "foo" instead of "foo.example.lan" when accessing their web interfaces. Since I access them also via VPN, I have saved them in LastPass using their fully-qualified domain names. I would like to be able designate the unqualified domain (for lack of a better word) and my actual internal domain name as equivalent in LastPass' eyes.
pdugas

Re: Default Domain

Postby alex@lastpass » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:59 pm

We do not have a feature that will allow you to set unqualified host names equivalent to other domains. You can use Equivalent Domains ( http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-se ... t-domains/ .) to achieve this function with regular domains and sites, but it will not work for the unqualified host names.
alex@lastpass

Postby pdugas » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Yup. That's why this is in the "Feature Requests" section...
pdugas

Postby mfalk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 pm

I really need this as well, maybe also let you tie it to identities.
mfalk

Postby philip » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 am

+1 from me as well. I have systems I access as unqualified names, and equivalents that are fully qualified, depending on where I'm accessing it from. Passwords change every thirty days, so it's not just a matter of having two entries -- I have to keep them in sync, which is a pain.
philip

Postby doug10101 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Another +1. Inability to handle unqualified domains is a pain. Many (too many) embedded URLs in our environment use hostname only instead of fully qualified. So half the time I'm not getting logged in because of someone else's laziness. Please allow unqualified hostnames to be equated to a domain.
doug10101

Postby colinbowern » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:18 pm

+1 real pain. On my Windows laptop the NIC has a default domain, maybe there could be some intelligence to associate it with the default domain on the NIC?
colinbowern

Postby RomeoAlpha » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:10 pm

+1
I have the same issue on my corporate lan - all websites have short names and fully qualified names. Many links on our sites use the shortname and it would be nice if lastpass knew that http://xxx on domain mycompany.com is the same as http://xxx.mycompany.com
RomeoAlpha

Postby frankglez » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Is there any traction on this?
The last comment was in 2015 and there still seems to be a problem specifying a default domain.
frankglez

Postby danafrost572 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:04 pm

+1

Same issue. Seems like a new URL type rule could fix this by mapping an unqualified domain to a fully qualified one. Or maybe an "equivalent host" mapping. Anything would be nice. Using this at work with many hosts with DNS alias and unqualified and/or qualified domains is a bit of a pain.
danafrost572

Return to Feature Requests