Recycle Bin for deleted sites

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Recycle Bin for deleted sites

Postby picree » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:29 pm

It might be nice to have a recycle bin within the LP Plugin for those rare moments when we accidentally delete a site...a site which usually has a password we can never even hope to remember but forgot we still might need access to.
picree

Re: Recycle Bin for deleted sites

Postby kilgry » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:57 pm

I believe there is one already. Check your "deleted sites" in the account settings area (or whatever that page is).

Be aware there is (or was) a bug with sharing undeleted sites. They won't share, at least for me.
kilgry

Postby jonat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:00 pm

However, I found that if one accidentally clicks Confirm rather than Save New Site (if that's what you want), then the previous entry is not recoverable.
jonat

Postby kilgry » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:06 pm

jonat wrote:However, I found that if one accidentally clicks Confirm rather than Save New Site (if that's what you want), then the previous entry is not recoverable.

I think that is found in the History. You can see your previous passwords there, but I don't believe it saves any of the other site information.
kilgry

Postby jonat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:24 pm

I see no passwords in the history - just site names or events such as "password changed". This bit me yesterday when I thought I was creating a new logon for a domain but accidentally updated a different logon for the same top-level domain (the subdomain was different.) I can probably recover it but it's a pain.
jonat

Postby kilgry » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Hmm, now that I looked for it, I remember it being in the Site Edit dialog (when using the server side vault - Account Settings). I believe it had a "history" link next to the password field, but I can't find it now.

Here is how it is supposed to work:
http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/password-m ... d-history/
kilgry

Postby jonat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Ah - it does that if you Edit the entry from the lastpass.com view of the vault, not using the plugin. Thanks.
jonat

Postby picree » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 pm

kilgry wrote:I believe there is one already. Check your "deleted sites" in the account settings area (or whatever that page is).

Be aware there is (or was) a bug with sharing undeleted sites. They won't share, at least for me.

Thanks! I overlooked that and found no reference to that in the help files. That is exactly what I was looking for.
picree

Postby Israel » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm

We keep your deleted sites for 30 days before they're purged, you can view them in your online vault here : https://lastpass.com/?ac=1
Israel
Site Admin

Postby ralft » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 pm

I need to recover a deleted password. I saw the following forum post and reply by Israel but it will not work for me:

Postby Israel » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm
We keep your deleted sites for 30 days before they're purged, you can view them in your online vault here : https://lastpass.com/?ac=1
For faster support from the LastPass team, open a ticket at https://lastpass.com/my.php
ralft

Next

Return to Feature Requests