Improving the UI

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Improving the UI

Postby tazeat » Mon May 11, 2009 4:43 am

The first is probably me just missing RF... I've tried using sites in the sidebar, regular toolbar, compact toolbar, but something isnt right. While I really like the compact version, having to go to another menu and having the list wrap funny for sites when you have hundreds of them is a huge hassle, but I liked moving away from the whole toolbar for more screen real estate...

I miss the ability to be able to load in the current tab by clicking the site and the ability to open in a new tab with a quick right click>open in new tab (RF didn't support middle click, but this would be even better).

I miss the ability to edit sites in a better fashion than the vault, editing more than one entry in the vault is a very slow and painful process, applying changes to more than one requires a lot of patience. When I imported my data from roboform, moving stuff in to their own categories was a nightmare, why can't I just click all that I want (holding down ctrl) then right click and click something like Labels > X; Y; New Label. I want to be able to password protect more than one at the same time easy, and I want to be able to do other changes as well. I know this is partially a limitation of AJAX, but why can't the vault be a client-side dialog that syncs its changes as you change them?
tazeat

Re: Improving the UI

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue May 12, 2009 9:27 am

tazeat Wrote:The first is probably me just missing RF... I've tried using sites in the sidebar, regular toolbar, compact toolbar, but something isnt right. While I really like the compact version, having to go to another menu and having the list wrap funny for sites when you have hundreds of them is a huge hassle, but I liked moving away from the whole toolbar for more screen real estate...

If you're using firefox, you can try https://lastpass.com/lppre.xpi with the regular toolbar -- we've improved the search..

tazeat Wrote:I miss the ability to be able to load in the current tab by clicking the site and the ability to open in a new tab with a quick right click>open in new tab (RF didn't support middle click, but this would be even better).

You can change the setting to open in the current tab, and making the middle click open in a new tab when you have that setting makes sense...

tazeat Wrote:I miss the ability to edit sites in a better fashion than the vault, editing more than one entry in the vault is a very slow and painful process, applying changes to more than one requires a lot of patience. When I imported my data from roboform, moving stuff in to their own categories was a nightmare, why can't I just click all that I want (holding down ctrl) then right click and click something like Labels > X; Y; New Label. I want to be able to password protect more than one at the same time easy, and I want to be able to do other changes as well. I know this is partially a limitation of AJAX, but why can't the vault be a client-side dialog that syncs its changes as you change them?

You are likely making a mistake if you're setting password protect on more than a handful of sites -- all sites are encrypted and password protected the only place you'd want to double up on password protection might be your financial accounts. In the vault you can use multi-select and drag those items to a new group (or right click and change their group).
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests