Organizing LogOns in the Vault

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Organizing LogOns in the Vault

Postby acad2kman » Sat May 09, 2009 11:03 am

I came to Last Pass from RoboForm with over 200 Web Log Ons.
Was skeptical that LastPass could do what Roboform had done so well on my PC's only.
I have both Mac and PC's so cross platform use was compelling.
------------
In the vault, drag and drop of subfolders doesn't work and should. :(
Making new folders at the top level is NOT intuitive AT ALL, I was VERY frustrated and FINALLY found a workaround. Just open ONE of the items that you want located in a TOP LEVEL folder and manually type in a new folder name, then it appears in the top level. Folder management needs to be implemented and made crystal clear at the top vault level. Moving subfolders around should be easy and obvious as well.

To capture more Roboform users with a large number of logons this is essential. :arrow:

Thanks for a great tool - I now recommend it to all. :D
acad2kman

Re: Organizing LogOns in the Vault

Postby acad2kman » Sat May 09, 2009 11:13 am

Now I notice another wacked out behavior in the vault when trying to organize multiple logons.

When re-naming a folder with log ons in it, it jumps from being a sub-folder to the top level. What is that all about?
When trying to get sub-folders under control and into the correct top level folder, very erratic behavior.
Sometimes, when creating another sub-folder with the same name in a different top level folder - when you move all of the items to the newly created sub folder - the original one just disappears.
acad2kman

Re: Organizing LogOns in the Vault

Postby TheWill » Sun May 10, 2009 6:41 pm

The folder or section hierarchy needs to be a bit more like keepass. I just started using lastpass and I really like it aside from the organizational issue. There should be a create new folder and create new entry button in the lastpass vault as well.
TheWill

Return to Feature Requests