Two factor authentication - Using number Grid(Array)

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Two factor authentication - Using number Grid(Array)

Postby lsmk » Thu May 07, 2009 12:34 pm

I recently came across a bank site that prompted for additional authentication asking to enter the numbers from the number grid(array) provided in their back of the debit card. I suggest that LP may introduce something similar as an additional(and optional) second level authentication. LP can accept an array of numbers (say A=15 B=23 C=41.... Z=76) from users and store it in addition to Master Password who wants to have additional protection and prompt for any 3 or 4 numbers(say M,N ,A or some random sequence changing everytime) whenever user wanted to login in addition to master password.

You can make this as 2nd level(or 3rd level if you include yubikey as level 2) option.

My 2cents

-lsmk
lsmk

Re: Two factor authentication - Using number Grid(Array)

Postby MxxCon » Wed May 13, 2009 2:33 am

are you referring to this site? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6129
MxxCon

Re: Two factor authentication - Using number Grid(Array)

Postby lsmk » Wed May 13, 2009 10:35 am

Its kind of similar but not exactly same. I want LP to have additional(and optional) authentication by asking any 3 numbers(randomly selected everytime) out of the number array(of say 26) accepted earlier in addition to Master Password. Added request from my side is that LP can make this as optional one as some users may not want this headache of remembering and maintaining the array. LP can also make this optional for selected classified sites like Bank, creditcards...etc.

Since the numbers do change during every login, it is difficult for the keylogger malwares to guess the correct combination.
lsmk

Return to Feature Requests