Request: Google Account sign in from Google Toolbar

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Request: Google Account sign in from Google Toolbar

Postby JoePublic » Fri May 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Here's a feature I would like to see.

In the Google Toolbar, there is a button you can use to sign in to your Google Account. When you press it, it brings up a pop-up window for you to sign in. For whatever reason, Last Pass doesn't do anything with this window. It would be nice if it could fill in the login info there.
JoePublic

Re: Request: Google Account sign in from Google Toolbar

Postby GannWheel » Sat May 02, 2009 11:50 am

To me at least, u do NOT NEED the Google Toolbar bcs lastpass does everything it does, but with much better security. Now, on to the question. The Google Toolbar is NOT taking u to any site in it's asking u to put ur details into the program in order to LATER go to that site. Lastpass will NOT ask anything bcs u r NOT going to any site, u r programming the toolbar with ur info 8-) So, to me... U do NOT need the Google Toolbar...

Dave
GannWheel

Postby GannWheel » Sat May 02, 2009 1:12 pm

I have just reinstalled the Google Toolbar to see if there were any changes and it loaded everything with lastpass doing it 8-)

Dave
GannWheel

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sat May 02, 2009 10:29 pm

JoePublic Wrote:In the Google Toolbar, there is a button you can use to sign in to your Google Account. When you press it, it brings up a pop-up window for you to sign in. For whatever reason, Last Pass doesn't do anything with this window. It would be nice if it could fill in the login info there.

This is a windows dialog, which will be handled by our windows application support.. But for now, just go to google.com and signin with LastPass
JoeSiegrist

Postby JoePublic » Sun May 03, 2009 1:21 am

Joe, Thank you for the reply. It is nice to know that this will be handled by the future enhancement. I appreciate the suggestion for the workaround. I think I'll continue to log on manually in the windows dialog box until LastPass gets the enhancement you mention.

Dave, I like the following features of the Google Toolbar:
- ability to organize my bookmarks better than native IE support
- pop-up blocker
- ability to easily "move up" in the URL hierarchy (e.g., go from subdomain.webpage.com/this_page to www.webpage.com)
I appreciate your pointing out that LastPass and Google Toolbar have some overlap in functionality. However, I don't believe LastPass has any of the features I enumerated, so for me, the Google Toolbar is a convenience I prefer to continue using for now. I will welcome a LastPass enhancement that allows me to log into my Google account using the toolbar button.
JoePublic

Return to Feature Requests