Ability to see site information without going into edit mode

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Ability to see site information without going into edit mode

Postby paulceaston » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:44 pm

I'm surprised at how often I need to look up a site's login information without actually wanting to visit the site. Currently, the only way to do this is to open it in "edit" mode. The scares me as I can see myself typing over a password by mistake and messing up the site login information.

Examples of when this feature would come in handy:

1. You need to give the information to someone over the phone or share with someone who does not have a lastpass account and where it would be improper to ask them to set one up.

2. When using Google Chrome and you need to look up a forgotten password.

3. When you're just curious.
paulceaston

Re: Ability to see site information without going into edit mode

Postby paulceaston » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Just noted that LastPass Pocket does this. Cool. It would also be nice to have this functionality on the Web site, but I'm happy that I can do this with the Pocket version.
paulceaston

Re: Ability to see site information without going into edit mode

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:21 am

paulceaston Wrote:Currently, the only way to do this is to open it in "edit" mode. The scares me as I can see myself typing over a password by mistake and messing up the site login information.

This shouldn't be a grave concern -- you can hit 'escape' or hit 'x' and we won't save your type overs -- we store the encrypted previous passwords too.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests