Option to open LastPass in an identity

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Option to open LastPass in an identity

Postby Cooper » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:16 pm

I would prefer that LastPass not open up in the 'All' identity. The option to start in a particular identity would be a nice feature.
Cooper

Re: Option to open LastPass in an identity

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Cooper Wrote:I would prefer that LastPass not open up in the 'All' identity. The option to start in a particular identity would be a nice feature.

This is reasonable but we haven't done it yet for a number of technical reasons primarily: we can't show your identity list until you login (it's encrypted, we don't have the key). We do put your identity to the last one used, so if you setup work at work, it'll remain work....

I should also mention that the first place we'll probably do this is for the mobile site, so that you don't have to download/decrypt so much on the slower mobile phones...

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby Cooper » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 pm

We do put your identity to the last one used, so if you setup work at work, it'll remain work....

So is this tied to the FireFox extension? A couple of hours ago I logged out of LastPass at work in an identity and I just logged in through LastPass.com on my laptop and it opened up in (All).

Also, is there a way to change identities on the other logged in page, the one with the real minimal site design, i.e. no tabs reading 'Identities' or 'Form Fill Profiles'?
Cooper

Postby drew » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:51 am

The most recently used identity is saved on your local computer, not within your account... This is by design, so you can leave your work computer on one identity and your home computer on another, etc.

There is currently no way to change your identity on the local homepage (hopefully being able to do so via the plugin is enough).

Drew
drew

Return to Feature Requests