"do not reprompt" option on login

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

"do not reprompt" option on login

Postby stazed » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:01 am

I have "password reprompt required" for two of my internet banking websites. I use the 5 minute "do no reprompt" option after logging in to the first website so that I don't have to be reprompted if I want to use the other website, or I accidentally close the window.

It is frustrating that when I first login to lastpass, and then immediately go to Internet banking, I am reprompted for my password just seconds later. It would be convenient if there was on option on the lastpass login page to select "do no reprompt for xxx minutes".

I hope that makes sense!
stazed

Re: "do not reprompt" option on login

Postby nicoloss » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm

I just let LastPass know that I felt similarly by sending them feedback (via their ticketing system here: https://bit.ly/1SFDuZS)

Here is the message I used, in case you want to do anything similar:

This is related to all implementations of LastPass, but I chose Chrome browser extension, since that's what I use most.

I would like to suggest that after logging in to LastPass initially, when I then try to open one of my sites immediately, I should not be re-prompted to enter my master password for sites where I've:
A. Required re-prompt
B. Set a period of time (e.g. 5 minutes) where re-prompt should not be required.

This causes me frustrations daily, and in my 5 years of being a paying LastPass customer, that's added up to thousands of frustrations. Please fix! You'd make me and many other LastPass customers much happier.

And to wit, here are all the SEPARATE forum posts on this topic (yes, that's how desperate I was to find a solution. I searched the forums high and low for a solution):

Thank you sincerely.
nicoloss

Return to Feature Requests