Alternative way to AutoLogin and/or Autofill

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Alternative way to AutoLogin and/or Autofill

Postby Julian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:14 am

GollyJer Wrote:Hey Julian. Thanks for keeping us updated.
If you haven't already, you may want to look into the Custom Buttons2 firefox add-on. It makes it really easy to implement buttons for placement anywhere in the browser.

On another note, sticking with Roboform has paid off. They aren't blind to the competition and have created Roboform Online which provides every feature of LastPass (as far as I can tell) except "Share With Friends" (which I can live without). Now with roboform you can get the superior UI and cloud synchronization.

That custombuttons2.com isn't something that I found in my initial search so thanks for the link. My toolbar buttons are working perfectly but there are a some much nicer icons that I'll probably grab from the custombuttons2 site to replace the crude ones I'm using right now and the whole site looks to be a great resource for things I might do in the future.

Regarding Roboform, that's interesting. It does demonstrate how dangerous it is to lose customers and how difficult it can then be to get them back. I left Roboform a while back after paying for 3 licenses and, after waiting in vain for quite a long time for a proper online sync service, I stopped revisiting to check what they were doing.

For now I'm going to stick with LastPass though. I'm not sure if it's changed but there was one thing that I really didn't like about how Roboform's login button worked for sites where I had multiple logins (and I have many such sites). Roboform were anxious to provide the ability to set one of the accounts to be the default and for a click on the login button to initiate that login. The downside of that was that if I didn't want to log in with the default login details then I had to hover the mouse over the toolbar button for a second or so in order to get the selection menu to appear. Since most of my multi-login sites don't really have a default login I found that the hover operation got in my way and I wanted a click on the button to immediately drop down the selection list if there was more than one account rather than do the default login.

It's amazing how the small things can bug me but, with LastPass and Roboform apparently pretty equal on features now, it's that hover issue that is keeping me with LastPass, and also not wanting to spend more time changing again.

- Julian
Julian

Previous

Return to Feature Requests