Auto Logout

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Auto Logout

Postby cooldude » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:06 am

It'd be a nice feature if there was an option that Lastpass would log me off when I turn off my computer, rather than when I close my browser. Reason being I use my computer as a personal comp, and i close my browser sometimes.. randomly and almost instantly I need to do something again and I have to log in again. I hate logging in again and again but I want it to be able to ask me for a pass in case someone else accesses my computer..

Is it possible to make it log off when I shut off my comp? Thx
cooldude

Re: Auto Logout

Postby h0pc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:30 pm

I like this suggestion - I just put LP on my Mom's computer and I think she would benefit from a similar logout timing.

-E
h0pc

Re: Auto Logout

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:39 pm

cooldude Wrote:It'd be a nice feature if there was an option that Lastpass would log me off when I turn off my computer, rather than when I close my browser. Reason being I use my computer as a personal comp, and i close my browser sometimes.. randomly and almost instantly I need to do something again and I have to log in again. I hate logging in again and again but I want it to be able to ask me for a pass in case someone else accesses my computer..

Is it possible to make it log off when I shut off my comp? Thx

The reason we haven't done this yet is that it wouldn't fire unless you had IE/Firefox open -- otherwise our code isn't running so we don't know what's happening.

Our plan is to come out with an extremely light weight application in the next few months that's running in the tray which will allow things like this (and more)...

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests