Login to LP, Visit Site, logs in

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Login to LP, Visit Site, logs in

Postby mickeyjuice » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:17 pm

JoeSiegrist Wrote:
mickeyjuice Wrote:Thanks, but two problems:

1) every time I check the box (irrespective of the time set), it refuses to let the preferences window close until I click the red X (on the Mac, it's fine in Windows), and
2) it's for every site - I don't, for example, want it to open my Internet banking site, but do want it to open my photography sites.

I'm not able to reproduce #1 on Mac, or windows.

NP on Windows, but I ended up rolling back a version to make it all work on the Mac. Seems to be fine now with the new version. (Thought I'd post as it was a beta and you might want to know about it, that's the reason I was saying it.)

We decided to turn the functionality on by default in v1.41, but leave every site defaulted to off, and added the ability to change it when you edit the site.

Joe

Any chance of an "All on" option box? Then I could just go back an uncheck the very few I don't want loading automatically.

Keep up the good work, great extension.
mickeyjuice

Postby Kross » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:04 pm

just want to revisit how happy I am with this new feature! Been telling everyone. Thanks guys.
Kross

Postby str0be » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Am I missing something? I loved the initial suggestion to automatically prompt for the lastpass password each time a browser is started. That way, you can have it auto logoff when you leave and not have to remember each time you start the browser to go and manually login. I've tried the new auto login feature, set it to 10 seconds, but can't it just come up right at the start of the browser session?

Thanks. I love this tool, but would love it even more if it was more seamless.
str0be

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:14 pm

str0be Wrote:Am I missing something? I loved the initial suggestion to automatically prompt for the lastpass password each time a browser is started. That way, you can have it auto logoff when you leave and not have to remember each time you start the browser to go and manually login. I've tried the new auto login feature, set it to 10 seconds, but can't it just come up right at the start of the browser session?

Thanks. I love this tool, but would love it even more if it was more seamless.

There's some confusion here -- the original person was asking for the feature where no matter what site you go to, if you're already logged into LastPass, you'll just be logged into the site you've navigated to. The timeout is all about not creating login loops.

What you desire is something different, but is reasonable -- today we try to not ask you until we're needed (or at least we think we're needed). We'll look into an option to login on browser starts.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Previous

Return to Feature Requests