Login to LP, Visit Site, logs in

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Login to LP, Visit Site, logs in

Postby Kross » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 am

I want to open browser, login to lastpass...

and then every site I visit that I have lastpass info saved for, it logs me in... SOUNDS SOOOO EASY. Simple.
or at least tell me why this wouldn't be a good idea?

or AT LEAST let me use my "Bookmarks Toolbar" in firefox instead of a terrible sidebar to auto-login. the LastPass toolbar is full of crap. We just want links.
Kross

Re: Login to LP, Visit Site, logs in

Postby Kross » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:49 pm

Really curious as to the line of thinking behind not making this standard. Seems like "ease of use" is the premise behind the product anyways right? I want to use this SO BAD, and I want to tell all my friends about how all you have to do is enter one password when you open firefox and then all your logins are automatic, hassle free! How great is that!
Kross

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:24 pm

Kross Wrote:Really curious as to the line of thinking behind not making this standard. Seems like "ease of use" is the premise behind the product anyways right? I want to use this SO BAD, and I want to tell all my friends about how all you have to do is enter one password when you open firefox and then all your logins are automatic, hassle free! How great is that!

It's clearly a good idea -- one of the first things we implemented actually back in June -- unfortunately our alpha testers were pretty confused by it. One alpha tester's spouse was so exasperated by it she was beside herself: she couldn't figure out how to login to hotmail since it kept logging her husband in, and when she hit log out it would log back in preventing her from logging in.

We think we have some good ideas here but haven't had time to implement them yet -- we will.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby Deodatus » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:34 pm

This isn't an issue for me, but how about a preference for whether to auto-login or not, and if auto is selected use the popup bar only on sites where more than one login is available? It definitely would need to be a preference selection for those who don't want things happening too fast ;)
Deodatus

Postby mickeyjuice » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Deodatus Wrote:but how about a preference for whether to auto-login or not, and if auto is selected use the popup bar only on sites where more than one login is available? It definitely would need to be a preference selection for those who don't want things happening too fast ;)

+1. That's what I was coming here to suggest :-) SO much more efficient. 'Per site' optional auto-login wold move this one more step along the road to perfect.

People who say "it's only one more click" just don't visit enough sites each day :-)
mickeyjuice

Postby Kross » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:58 pm

First, thank you for your response. That actually makes good sense to me.

An idea would be just a simple check-box in the preferences to enable or disable that feature.

Thanks, I can't wait to start using your product as soon as this feature is available. Until then I'll have it installed and watch the updates. Great work to you and your team

- Kross
Kross

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:53 am

We're made this feature available for testing (check preferences-> Advanced):

For windows: https://lastpass.com/lastpasspre.exe
For Mac/Linux: https://lastpass.com/lppre.xpi

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby mickeyjuice » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Thanks, but two problems:

1) every time I check the box (irrespective of the time set), it refuses to let the preferences window close until I click the red X (on the Mac, it's fine in Windows), and
2) it's for every site - I don't, for example, want it to open my Internet banking site, but do want it to open my photography sites.

Keep up the good work.
mickeyjuice

Postby JoeSiegrist » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:32 pm

mickeyjuice Wrote:Thanks, but two problems:

1) every time I check the box (irrespective of the time set), it refuses to let the preferences window close until I click the red X (on the Mac, it's fine in Windows), and
2) it's for every site - I don't, for example, want it to open my Internet banking site, but do want it to open my photography sites.

I'm not able to reproduce #1 on Mac, or windows.

We decided to turn the functionality on by default in v1.41, but leave every site defaulted to off, and added the ability to change it when you edit the site.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby Kross » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:48 pm

Thank you!

Finally something I can tell all my friends about. I've been waiting patiently, for some reason suffered through not uninstalling it.... cause I knew eventually you guys would come around and enable the auto-login feature.

HAPPY DAY!
Kross

Next

Return to Feature Requests