I want to use tinyurl or urlcut

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

I want to use tinyurl or urlcut

Postby lsmk » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:41 am

I want to mask the real URLs of some of my important bank and creditcard sites from LP.
The sites like 'urlcut.com' and 'tinyurl.com' (many out there !) offer shortened url and some even with password protection for those URLs.
With LP's current design, i understand how important the actual URL is and its dependency in filling forms,passwords,fevicons...etc. Many things depend on the actual url as of now i think

I made a quick try and noted that LP is not bothered to prompt anything as the URL doesn't have actual domain like 'citibank'...etc. I have to cut and paste the user-id and password(some banks don't even allow ctrl-c and ctrl-v). So entering the password(thanks to LP i have real lengthy passwords with all sorts of characters) is a nightmare using virtual keyboard :)

As an additional feature, why don't you find a way to accomodate the usage of above so that everyone start using LP without any hesitation even for their classified sites ? It also provides additional security from the user point-of-view as i can hide the actual URL from you and the other sites tinyurl, urlcut...etc don't care of my sites passwords.

Btw, i am a regular reader of this forum and observed your sincere responses to all questions. Great team work !!!
lsmk

Re: I want to use tinyurl or urlcut

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:32 pm

lsmk Wrote:I want to mask the real URLs of some of my important bank and creditcard sites from LP.
The sites like 'urlcut.com' and 'tinyurl.com' (many out there !) offer shortened url and some even with password protection for those URLs.

The problem with this idea though is that tinyurl.com is a redirection service -- when you actually get to the point of entering your password you're actually on the target domain (bank.com). This is an important anti-phishing part of LastPass that would be a huge loss to be without.. We might be able to do some kind of hash here, will think about it more.

lsmk Wrote:Btw, i am a regular reader of this forum and observed your sincere responses to all questions. Great team work !!!

Thanks!
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests