Delete data from server option

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Delete data from server option

Postby uberjase » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:20 am

Hi,

Would it be possibe to have a "delete all data from server and use local mode" option? You could have a warning saying something like "Doing this will mean that you cannot access your data from another computer with out a copy of your LP data file and you cannot sync computers". Seeing as you dont want to know what data is on the servers, I cant see why this would be a problem to have the option of just storing locally. You could also have an upload option if the user wishes to upload the data if they need to.

UJ
uberjase

Re: Delete data from server option

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:22 pm

I suppose you could delete your account if it's that big a concern to you -- you'll be in the mode that LastPass is offline forever -- just make sure you never clear your local cache... We obviously wouldn't recommend this and don't have plans to implement such a scheme as it reduces usability and makes our LastPass.com website useless...
JoeSiegrist

Postby uberjase » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Sorry, I didnt make myself clear. I'm not worried, just a suggestion for users that are. I love lastpass:D

How about an option of using a keyfile to log on? Could this be done?
uberjase

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Yes, that's definitely one of the multi-factor ideas we're contemplating...
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests